Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2007, 01:31 PM

Has it been a long day for you?

Hi,

I'm sitting here (Can't do much else ) and it feels as though today is going on forever! I feel as though I'm ready to go to bed. I haven't got up any earlier than my normal 6.30 but I feel as though it is about 9 tonight.

Ian
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Gosh yes. My lot have been driving me nuts! Roll on September!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Its been a busy day, well a busy week really and I feel that the day has flown by. Only 1/2 an hour to go but I'm back tomorrow, I never seem to have days that drag, always too much to do.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
I live alone (apart from Deccy) it's 4 miles to the nearest shop, can't go in pubs alone as I am female, days can go by without seeing another human being. BUT I keep busy, in both mind and body. I am also up at 6.30, Deccy gets three good walks a day (that sees to the physical side) there is usually a load of chores to do but for "my time" I do something that appeals to me and uses my brain. Something I have started but not finished is my MSc degree. Just need to do the dissertation, but decided to write a book instead but apart from the heavy stuff, I do a few puzzles or crosswords a day to keep my mind alert. When you get to my age that becomes quite important.
All this takes my mind off my precarious financial position; having lost my livelihood three months ago, there is no prospect of work in the foreseeable future so I have a fairly strong motivation to sort my life out!
I decided a while back that I didn't want to get involved in any relationship as this could muddy the waters and I would be doing things for the wrong reasons, which from previous experience always ends in tears. Mine.
I understand that you have many skills but what about hobbies that you could take further? Or some occupation that appeals to you with the added bonus of human contact in general?
I remember many years ago at one of the times where I felt that the world was against me and everyone hostile, someone on the radio said if any listeners were in that position, here was a good tip. Go out into the street however crabby you feel, and force yourself to smile at everyone you meet. This works particularly well if you are in a car in traffic. Before long, people smile back and guess what, having people smile at you actually makes you feel good!
I tried it, and it works although you really have to steel yourself. Maybe that is why I like living in Ireland, it's what everybody does, plus everyone waves as you drive by or asks how you are if they are walking. I think the psycology (sp?) is something along the lines of, "to get something you want you have to give it first" in other words, don't wait to be invited to a party - host one! Don't moan about something in the paper that you don't like - write the editor a letter! Discuss it on blogs! Organise an action group! As a certain drinks advert says, do your thing.......
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Since I've started Home Boarding my days are filled, even though I'm not really doing anything more than I did when I just have my lot!
Becky
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh my god yes, ive had a hell of a day at work and now I just want me bed!! Still an hour to go though!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Shirleyc View Post
Oh my god yes, ive had a hell of a day at work and now I just want me bed!! Still an hour to go though!!
Me too.. such a busy and cr*p week!

Only half an hour and then I'm free!!!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
i wish,iv had a crappy day well a crappy week,well actually a crappy month,and a crappy year,no take no notice im feeling sorry for meself, im fed up.oh has gone off on one and thinks the world owes him he can go jump thats just how im feeling
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Awww Zoe hugs to you. We all feel sorry for our selves once in a while and why not
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 09:29 PM
been a busy day its 10.30 and i am about sit down for the first time today
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >