View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-02-2006, 02:26 PM

Help, any yorkie owners out there (Dog barking excessively & attacking visitors)

I have a client with a 4 year old yorkie female. The dog barks constantly and often tries to attack people who come into the house, a crate is out of the questions. Mom wants dog to stop barking at people, any yorkies owners with good advice. Thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi Doglady Not a Yorkie owner I am afraid, but they are terriers and one terrier is similar to another when training
It sounds as if the lady needs to train her dog so maybe find a good training class...also teach the dog to sit/stay/leave so she doesn't bother visitors and to bark on command so she will be quiet when told.
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:42 PM
HELLO Doglady, My little Sam was a Yorkie just like that, he was a rescue and did not like strangers at all, and he would bite if he could, I got visitors to come in and not react to him shouting but to give him a tasty treat, he was very suspicious at first but it worked in the end,
DogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2006, 04:49 PM
thanks for the tip, I'll have to work on that one.