Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2008, 04:19 PM

Static Caravans Info

I am considering having a static caravan Nr the seaside.

As much help/advice apreciated.

What is the best way to purchase ect. Don't want to overpay.

Reccoemmnded sites that are dog friendly and reasonable site cost's.

Min xxxxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Petstalk View Post
I am considering having a static caravan Nr the seaside.

As much help/advice apreciated.

What is the best way to purchase ect. Don't want to overpay.

Reccoemmnded sites that are dog friendly and reasonable site cost's.

Min xxxxx
OK, have`nt got much time, so will condense it a little.

Depends on your budget, you can pay from 10k to 50k,

I f you are buying one, make sure it has double glazed windows and central hearting (it gets cold in the winter)

Most sites are dog friendly, they will have rules but as long as you follow them you are ok, (usually sort) pick up poo, dogs on lead, in public places.

Make sure you are in reach of a dog friendly beach,(many are not)

Most Parks will offer HP, but search around, usually your bank will be a better bet, you will get a better rate from your bank.

You dont have to buy a new on, depending on the site.

Some sites will have a 10 yr rule, (new caravans) avoid these, it means you have to have a new one every 10 yrs.

Pay as much as you can afford, it makes better sense, list all the things you want in a van, if you have to buy a few yr old one, do that instead of buying a cheaper van over a new one without the necessities you require, you will regret it in the end..

lots more to say, but have to rush.

If you want any more info pm me, and I will be happy to help.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Thankyou Jackie xxxx

I don't know where to start xxxx

Recommend sites, models and places to purchase and personal experience.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:15 AM
How do I get the best deal ect xxxx
Are there any good websites where there are private sales xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:32 AM
£10K??? Blimey, I bought a lovely little 2 berth (can't remember the name), but it was like brand new inside and out, not used much even had a flushing toilet and wetroom, and I only paid £3K for it, and sold it for £2,900 3 months later!

I looked on the internet for caravan sites/sales etc. and then wittled the search down to a 40 mile radius, so that's a good a place as any to start off.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Petstalk View Post
Thankyou Jackie xxxx

I don't know where to start xxxx

Recommend sites, models and places to purchase and personal experience.
OK, first you have to decide where you want to be,

In Wales/ the lake district/ where ever in the country.

How far are you willing to travel....2hr 4hr, ....how often are you going to use it.

All these things need to be sorted first.

Most not all, Static Caravan site also do rental...so find somewhere you like, try a few, and go for a w/end...maybe more than once, get the feel for what you like .

You have two choice in purchasing the Caravan...

1) You have to buy from the site (you wont find many that allow you to bring your own on, or if they do you will pay a huge penalty)

You may be able to purchase a second hand on, (some sites will only sell new) or it may be a new one.

2) You may be able to purchase a Van, from an existing owner who is selling up..... "private sales" but beware, it is not always cheaper, you will pay a penalty to the site owners, for this privilege....

An average middle of the road van , will usually cost around 30k....give or take. as I said the price can go up and up depending on you budget.

What do you want from the site..(amenities) do you want one that has swimming pools, bars, restaurants.... or are you happy to have just a little shop on site.

This will also effect your budget..

ALL Caravan site will have a ground rent.( you have to pay for the privilege of pitching your Van) it also includes maintenance, and it goes up every yr....for instance the one we are on , depending on where you are sat is between £3000/£4000 a yr. but that is because it is an all singing and dancing site...... Some will only be £1000.

Please, Please, try before you buy.... to many people fall for the way of life, then realise it is to expensive or not want they wont...

We see it all the time, and what you have to remember is... Vans are like cars..... they loose 1/3 of their value as soon as you purchase them....dont expect to get back what you paid for it.

OK, cant think of anything else at the mo....but will add more when I do.

Fore now, have a look at these site.... they will show you what you can expect in a Van,.

www.willerbyuk.com

www.cosalt-holiday-homes.co.uk

www.abiuk.co.uk

www.atlas-caravans.co.uk

Most sites will stock at least one of these ranges..... but it give you an idea .

P.S , look in your local newspaper....sometimes people advertise the vans in there..... but remember No 2 , it will still apply.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 01:57 PM
we bought ours from some dealer n had it delivered

cost over 16 grand,,, we had to renew it ever 10 years

site fees were rediculous amounts per year (thousands)

we were in wales,,,, amazing site htough,,, totally dog friendly - they had lakes/walks just for the dogs

wish i was still there tbh,, but still thats life lol
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2008, 02:20 PM
My parents used to own a static caravan, On the coast , They bought there from the site , And the ground rent every year was not to badly priced , They loved it , I think a lot of caravan sites that have satic homes are dog friendly , good luck in your search hun xxxdk