Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2008, 01:49 PM

E & L insurance

Does anyone have experience of E&L insurance. I had Charlie insured with the kennel club but it is not a great policy, quite pricey (£26 a month) and every month they send me a letter saying they have problems collecting premium, when it is coming out the bank on time by direct debit!
I got a quote from M&S and E&L and the latter seems a good policy, lifetime cover for £14 a month, £69 excess.
It's a bit of a minefield trying to get insurance, isn't it!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
Does anyone have experience of E&L insurance. I had Charlie insured with the kennel club but it is not a great policy, quite pricey (£26 a month) and every month they send me a letter saying they have problems collecting premium, when it is coming out the bank on time by direct debit!
I got a quote from M&S and E&L and the latter seems a good policy, lifetime cover for £14 a month, £69 excess.
It's a bit of a minefield trying to get insurance, isn't it!
E&L have cheap policies but are terrible to get to pay up
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Don't touch E&L with a 10ft barge pole!!! M&S used to be good but Lucky Star says their premiums have gone up tremendously so I will be looking around myself. I believe Direct Line and Tesco are good.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I use to be with E&L though have never had to claim with them but I know of people that have and it has taken ages for the money to come through.
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2008, 05:37 PM
My vet told me not to use E and L as they don't pay out. We are with Halifax but have never claimed but the policy looks good for the cost.
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2008, 05:46 PM
My horse is with E&L and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. When I claimed for my horse they did pay out ok but have added so many exclusions to the policy.

Its only that I can't find her original vetting papers at the moment that I am still with them.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2008, 06:29 PM
All my rotties are with E&L, around £17 per month each, but, they do take a while to settle up a claim if you have one, I waited 2 months two years ago for them to stump up.

I looked at Tesco pet insurance but it's not woth it, if your dog develops an illness that lasts longer than six moths they will not pay the vets bills after the six months are up.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Don't touch E&L we were with them and it was a total shambles they took out more than they should have once and took ages to pay out too,xxxxxxxxxx
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2008, 01:47 PM
I have to add also that we used to use E&L for the dogs and the horse but I heard so much negatives about them that I decided to err on the side of caution and change Insurers.

I read elsewhere that someone had a terrible time with them in regards to the death of her horse too.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I was with them years ago.

I personally would not touch them with a barge pole now, apart from the fact that they take so long to pay out the last time I looked at them they were not offering anything more than £4,000 pay out for their top policy and in this day and age with the price of veterinary treatment, I think you need to go for one that offers £7,000.

There are much better deals out there for pet Insurance. I also was with M & S but with the increase last year I moved to More Than and felt it was better return for my money. I have also heard Direct Line are good,but have no personal experience of them.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >