Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2014, 06:15 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Bank holiday Monday

Morning everyone. Very sunny here today.

Before I say anything else best wishes to Helena today she may of already left as she has to be over to East Grinstead for 9 near Gatwick. Dillon came from around that way and the traffic can be a nightmare. Hope it all goes well Helena which I am sure it will. (((Hugs))).

Dillon was quiet again this morning till 7. We kept him off the stairs last night even though his limp seemed to be a lot better by bed time. He waited patiently till I came down this morning. He does seem a lot better on the leg today but we will not be walking him today. Maybe tomorrow I want to give it another day to rest as much as is possible with Dillon.
Two more stairs for Gorden to put in then next weekend it will be doing the fronts of each stair. Brother coming at 11.

I hope all poorly people are feeling better and poorly doglets too.

Enjoy the Bank holiday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Morning Lynn and all
I had a lovely day yesterday with my grandaughter Paige. I left here at 7am to go and get her and then on the way back we met up with my other son for breakfast at Toby Carvery. From there we went to a couple of shops before returning back here about lunchtime. We sat in the garden doing puzzles and having fun and then went for a walk along the river with an icecream and sat along the beach bit.
Just as we got back here her dad and brother turned up to collect her. My son had a fantastic time at the supercar driving experience and got to drive a Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari at high speed and then got a thrill ride in another car. His son was also allowed a thrill ride.

Looks like its going to be a gorgeous day, 20 degrees apparently, but sadly I am back to work so will be stuck indoors all day in a hot cafe which will be extremely busy as always. I should be home about 6pm.

Why is H going to Gatwick? I never got on yesterday so have obviously missed something. She is not leaving the country I hope.

Lynn sorry to hear Dillon has been limping, hoping some rest sorts it out. Sounds like Gordon is getting on well with the stairs. Have a nice time with your brother.

Enjoy your bank holiday everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Morning Lynn and all who follow,

Like Lynn we too have a gloriously sunny morning . Unlike Lynn my two boys woke me before 6 . They went straight back to sleep having been out in the garden but unfortunately I couldn't, so have been emptying the dish washer and having a tidy up. I will definitely have a nap later

I intend to set off and walk the boys before 8 as I know from all the barking yesterday coming from a few doors down, that the pain-in-the-neck spaniel is resident at the moment .... I really don't fancy meeting it out on a walk.

Our eldest son went home late last night but our younger son and his girlfriend are here until this evening. I shouldn't have to do any cooking though because we have loads of BBQ meat left over from yesterday .

Will be thinking of you Helena this morning and everything crossed that it all goes well (((hugs))).

Lynn It sounds as though Gorden has whistled his way through those stairs ....... fantastic. Enjoy having your son with you today and a a bonus of another sunny warm day too.
Bev I hope you are feeling better.

See you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Bev, Poor Helena has snapped her ring finger on the right hand when Zena chased a cat and the lead caught round it. She's going in to hospital this morning to have it re-set.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Ouch poor H, I hope it all goes well for her. Its surprising how incapacitated a bound up finger can make you. No fun at all. (((hugs)))

Morning Jenny
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Good morning all (not a bank holiday here - they always celebrate it on 1st May whichever day of the week that is).

Thoughts first with poor ole Helena (Cap'n Hook) damm bad luck that she has to get involved in Bank Hol Traffic when not going 'out for the day'. I used to hide away indoors on Bank Holidays to avoid insane traffic. Only ever went to stuff we could walk to from home - especially when actually living in the holiday destination towns. Crazy stuff. I couldn't understand people willing to spend about 8 hrs of their day off stuck in traffic to have a couple of hours in another town.

I hope this injury will result in a rethink about the acess to and from H's front door. (after her few near misses on the same spot - she's ended up on her @rse more than once out there when Zena yanked on her due to next door dog going berserk thro the fence). Wondering if she has a rear entrance of some sort she could use instead.

The older you get the longer it takes for injuries to heal (I am only saying that in case H is looking in because I wanted to SLAP the next person who said that to me when I'd injured my leg!) You feel like cr@p and they think reminding you of your advancing old age will make you feel better?

Lynn
Blimey Gorden DID get on well with the stair job didn't he? I doubt any outside contractor would have got as much done in that time. Wise to rest Dillon up a bit more - he has a lot of weight to carry round - must make it more difficult to rest the affected limb. You are lucky I reckon that he isn't a dog that insists on going up to bed with you.

Bev your day out sounded idyllic to me. Kids and pubs and good weather - lovely.

Jenny - I too would be walking the boys at the crack of dawn - why take a chance on any sort of confrontation or incident that might ruin your walking when you can avoid it I say.

Well I have some good news - LIZZY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING! Please everyone join me in hoping she was the only one! Bella went straight for the sofa when we got up (which is where she obviously lives - under it).

HANG ON! I AM BREAKING OFF HERE TO SAY SHE HAS JUST DARTED ROUND THE CORNER OF THE PATIO - SEEN ME AND DARTED BACK! I am bluddy doomed. She obviously wants to get back in. Probably lived here long before I did

Oh Geez. Oh well I'm never going to have ants or creepy crawlies inside am I? If I wasn't so dismayed I'd be laughing the way she darted - saw me - and darted back!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Morning Bev sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday.
Shame you are back in to work today.
Jenny has explained poor Helena's predicament to you I see.
Morning Jenny drat the naughty spaniel. Fingers crossed for a restful day for you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Morning Pat naughty Lizzy lizard she seems to have no intention of going does she ?

It is my brother coming today I know I am ageing but he is 73 in September I am not quite old enough to have a 73 year old son. Although some days I do feel old enough.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Pat naughty Lizzy lizard she seems to have no intention of going does she ?

It is my brother coming today I know I am ageing but he is 73 in September I am not quite old enough to have a 73 year old son. Although some days I do feel old enough.
Honestly I didn't think you had an aged son Lynn! I've seen your sons - and two fine specimens they are too!

I was feeling really chuffed about Lizzy having gone. Bella barked, I quickly pulled the sofa out, Bella darted in and Lizzy ran out the other end and straight out the door at the speed of light. Who'd a tho't a lizzy would WANT to live in a house with a dog barking at it every day? Maybe they are deaf? I'd even grabbed the talc and laid a load of it in the sliding door runners to stop ants coming in now I don't have Lizzy to eat them!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2014, 08:01 AM
morning all, still in my Pjs when i should be at work. LOVE bank holidays
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »