Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Samson is driving me insane

Sasha has an ear infection and has had ear drops for 9 days now and the whole time Samson has been whining and following her sniffing her ear, nudging her ear and being a complete pest to the point where she is hiding under the table from him or losing her rage and biting him hard enough to make him squeal, and still he continues, I am obviously stopping him as he is driving us all mad.
But also noticed he has started sniffing her wee and doing the teeth chatter thing like when she was in season (she has been spayed in feb).
Any ideas? Sasha had a general check over when she got her ear looked at and she was fine (apart from the ear) But he is constantly posturing over her this evening he is getting me down with it
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Poor Sasha, and poor Samson!!

Is Sasha's infection clearing up? Dogs can detect things that we can't, and it may be that he is worried by what he can smell. It would ring tiny alarm bells with me that he is bothered by her wee too......and it might be worth keeping an eye on Sasha for any other problems.

Of course, Samson might just object to the smell of the ear drops

I hope that when the drops stop, Samson goes back to normal.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Is Sasha on antibiotics too?

I've noticed that Finn likes the smell of pee from a dog on antibiotics He gets a bit obsessed about it
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 07:05 PM
She's not on antibiotics Carole, I thought he may not like the smell of the drops so rubbed a drop by the fur on his nose so her ear wasn't the only place he smelt it from but no luck there, Bitkin Her ear is clearing up lovely no redness gunk or itching and they've both been Advocate treated in case it was mites too, I'm at a loss as to what to do as he is chasing her at every given opportunity and being told off quite a lot too, not a happy household at the moment
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 02:03 AM
If she has vaginitis - wee problem some bitches take, it will make him very interested - would be inclined to just let the Vet have a wee check over. As has been said above by Bitkin, dogs can detect things we can't x
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Thank you VB I will call the vet this morning
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2013, 08:11 AM
I'd deffo get another check of her ear at the vets, and a wee sample too. Worth mentioning what Samson is doing too. It's like he can smell something going on. Hope you are back to a normal household soon, sounds very stressful for you all, big big hugs xx