Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 03:06 PM

Phoebe training diary

well we had our first session today and it was great. I have alot of hard work a head of me but im going to do it.

The diagnosis for phoebe is that she basically is nervouse and has no manners what so ever. so i have been shown some basic commands to work on and a few other bits and bobs. Phoebe responded quite well after only 45 mins and then she got to play. The trainer kept phoebe on her lead and she had hold of her then she got her own dog of lead and let them walk together then unclipped phoebe and let them have a play. I nearly dropped down dead at the sight and then had a little cry as this is the first time in 5 years phoebe has played with another dog. I was so proud, but the trainer said she knew it would be fine as phoebe didnt have a nasty bone in her the reaction she shows when we see dogs is her being over excited and really wanting to play.

im not going to be letting phoebe play with other dogs on walks ect but atleast i know now we can go and have play time with the trainer and her dog

i feel like there might actually be a light at the end of this tunnel and im finally going to be able to enjoy and trust my dog - but some very hard work to do first.

Will take photos next time of phoebe and her new playmate -they were even kissing!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 03:25 PM
EXCELLENT news you must be thrilled and this will hopefully give you that confidence booster you needed.

Most dogs i assess are fine with other dogs, but owners just need a bit of reassurance and help and you LOOKED for it and GOT it!

Well done you!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Aw, bless! Well done - a great new start!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
thankyou, it was so nice seing her playing with zues, welling up again just thinking about it. And now its been pointed out that phoebe has no manners im actually seeing it, and she has no respect for me i was calling her before because i wanted to groom her and she just ignored me and stayed in bed. i would of left it before but i didnt today i went and got her and we had a nice grooming session and did a bit of work on her sit and down commands but she was being a bit lazy with that but i kept on
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Day one of the new rules

well it has been 24 hours of the new rules and phoebe has spent most of that time sulking in her bed. Im getting "hate you" eyes every time i go in the kitchen. She is responding to the new rules but is making sure i know shes not happy about it

Oh well guess were not the best of friends at the moment