View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jennyandrocco
New Member!
Female 

18-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Thank you for all your comments. Pretty unanimous vote for the road-trip...I think I agree too. At least if he is with me I can tell if he is bored, thirsty, hungry etc. In the plane there will be no-one to comfort him or help him through the experience
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by jennyandrocco View Post
Thank you for all your comments. Pretty unanimous vote for the road-trip...I think I agree too. At least if he is with me I can tell if he is bored, thirsty, hungry etc. In the plane there will be no-one to comfort him or help him through the experience
exactly,

i agree with everyone, it just wouldnt be worth the trauma to shorten your trip and go by plane!

good luck with the move!

Alex
xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by jennyandrocco View Post
We have done both, the air trip there was no car alternative and although everything went OK & she didn't seem to have suffered in the long term I would never do it again.

The car journey will be much better, I have come to believe that once a dog 'bonds' with you then you're it's whole reason for existance and separation is a nightmare for them. Just my own opinion & not backed by any science.

As said above, make a little holiday out of the trip, as Colin said you could drive like crazy and get to England in some record time with no dog, but why not enjoy the trip? you're doggy will (if he can have a pee from time to time and some water & the occassion treat )
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2