Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
o3oring
New Member!
Female 

16-02-2016, 01:00 AM

My puppy won't eat so much. Help.

I got a White Shepherd puppy three days ago. 8 weeks old puppy.

My family and I were worried that she might be nervous or anxious at first day, but she ate three times her food(which is exactly same food that her breeder feed) as usual puppy do, played well with her new toys, and enjoyed to walk around house and street. She didn't bark at all, or whining. One thing seems weird, she didn't have any interest in treats.

Anyway, first day was perfect.

On second day, she still didn't have any interest in treats or food, and started not to eat her dog food. she didn't eat for all day, and ate about 1/4 cup(or less) of food at dawn...

Today, third day, she didn't eat at all, so my mom and I gave her chicken breasts and little amount of carrots and broccoli at afternoon. She ate just little bit of chicken breasts, not veggies.

I really don' know why she is not eating or having non of interest on her food or treats. If she didn't eat at all since the first day, I would think she has some health problem, but first day was perfect than day of any other dog. I understand the environment is changed for her, but cannot understand why she doesn't have any interest in food.

Got a vet appointment on Friday, but my friends said she looks healthy at all except the fact she looks little skinny.

Anyone has answer? or advise...

* This is my first thread. If something is wrong, I'm sorry.
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2016, 06:18 AM
Wait and see what your vet says.

By offering her tasty bits of chicken you could be creating a real diva.
Hopefully she is still drinking? If not you need a vet appointment today.

good luck and hopefully its just new home blues causing her to be off her food.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Give the vet a ring and ask their opinion. They may tell you to wait and let her settle, or may bring the appointment forward so they can have a look at her.

Never second guess when it comes to young puppies.
VanillaPaws
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2016, 02:38 AM
I would talk to your vet. They can judge your dog professionally and tell you exactly what's wrong and what needs to happen. Good luck!
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Your puppy might just be assessing her environment and owners. When puppies are taken away from all they know, they can get stressed and this might result in lack of appetite. And it is at this time that the owners can make it worse by worrying, fussing and offering something tastier.

Hopefully your puppy has started eating properly, or been to the vets.....

An update would be appreciated.