Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 12:20 PM

Internet Server Problem.

Does anybody else have dial-up and have trouble with the connection being cut off frequently? I have been cut off about 7 times in the last 15 minutes and its driving me mad We are with Wanadoo anytime (previously freeserve anytime) and it keeps coming up on screen saying that I have an incoming call but I don't think there are any incoming calls at all because when I come off the internet there are no messages on the phone and the phone doesn't ring Is this the case with all servers on dial up or just wanadoo?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Wanadoo used to do that to us we changed to broadband with them but I wouldn't really recommend that either ! I don't know what other companies are like but I feel there must be someone better out there !
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi Julie,

Yes I was wondering if it was a ploy so that we would change to broadband. So you don't recommend their broadband then? We were going to change to broadband but then I discovered that you need a spare USB port and only one of the 3 ports are working on our computer due to my son being over-enthusiastic with his web cam and broke the two ports on the front, leaving us with just one in the back which I use for my camera. We got one of those extension things that you can put 4 things into but that doesn't work properly sometimes either so I have given up and plugged my camera in the back again leaving no ports free for Broadband
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 12:41 PM
We found when freeserve was the owners we had no problems it was when wanadoo took over - the problems we have had have been with their billing system. Firstly they don't take DD payments from bank accounts and insist on taking the money from a credit card then every 2-3 months htey go mad and take 4 payments in a month so we have to claim the money back. Then if you want to change to a less expensive package the fun really starts it took 12 weeks to sort it all out !
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 12:46 PM
I had this problem at work with wanadoo dial up -Ring Bt and ask them to boost the Gain ( sp) on the line -it makes the signal a bit stronger
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 12:54 PM
I used to get it with AOL before I chnaged to broadband but felt it was a deliberate move on their part to get people to swop over
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Thanks Murphy I will do that
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi Lel,

Yes I have always thought that they do this on purpose to get people to change over to more expensive packages. Its so annoying if you have an email coming through and then it cuts off because I have to close my computer down then to start receiving emails again because it just says that my password on outlook express is wrong (even though it is the same password since we started having dial up in the first place)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi Foxy I have Wannado broadband..have had it nearly two years and have never had a moments trouble with it or been cut off..maybe it is a BT/telephone fault? Try doing a google search with the message you are getting in 'quotes'
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Hi Minihaha,

Sorry its not the Broadband I am having trouble with, its the dial up which keeps cutting off I will have to get my USB ports mended before I can have broadband because apparently something has to plug into one of them doesn't it?

Thanks for your reply though
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >