Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2018, 10:03 AM

Daily Thread Monday 1st January 2018

Good morning and a very happy New Year

Love the bracelet Griff you are one lucky girl.

Hope all the frightened four legged were not too badly frightened with the fireworks last night. We didn't have many here some went off at 8.0 pm and about two lots at midnight.

Yes Mandy I am off `Wednesday after lunch to fight my way round the M25 so leaving plenty of travelling time. There is another way to Heathrow but I still have to fight towns like Kingston so dont even want to try to.

Hope you are much improved by Thursday Moyra and your DVLA sight test goes well.

Dull here but have managed to get our morning walk in. My friend is coming this afternoon and will try and persuade her to stay a little longer than she plans as she is on her own.

Hope you all enjoyed your celebrations (if you're having them)

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Still taking Dioralyte and not getting anywhere fast. Also in incredible pain with my right foot. Steve has been an angel looking after me apart from nagging me to get up in the morning having been awake half the night with the pain. But I know he means well.
If I still have the diarhea tomorrow morning I have to let the doctor know otherwise I have to go and see him a two oclock. How with my foot the way it is I do not know.

Sue have a safe journey tomorrow and good luck.

Lynn, hope Gill is more comfortable now poor girl.

Hope all the dogs upset by the fireworks last night are ok today.

Take care everyone, stay safe and warm, God bless.xxxx

PS love the bracelet. Griff, Lucky girl.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Happy New Year.

Good morning all.

Sue enjoy your day with your friend. Wednesday is remarkably close now...two more sleeps.

Moyra, maybe phone tomorrow and see if they can do a home visit.

To everyone have a good day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Kazz, I am hoping that is what he intends if I am still bad.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Morning all
Not many fireworks here either....mine aren't scared just have a bark...not ideal at midnight.
I am very lucky, i am pleased we managed to sort everything out and stay friends
Moyra, i agree, deffo time for the Dr
Happy new year to you too Kazz
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2018, 01:12 PM
Happy new year to all of both varieties!
Yes, the fireworks ......... not good for pets.
Max was OK. Quiet, subdued even. Amazing how effective one little 3mg melatonin pill can be. Or maybe he is just getting more mature.........
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Happy new year everyone
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
I am off `Wednesday after lunch to fight my way round the M25 so leaving plenty of travelling time.
Hi Sue, if I don't get to log in before you go then I'll send my best wishes for a stress free journey. Like you say the worst bit is likely going to be getting from your house to Heathrow 60 miles, the remaining 3,000 miles will be a doddle

When I used Heathrow quite a lot there were no security scanners, no traffic jams, no crowds of peasants pushing and shoving to check in. In those days if you were flying you were someone special (Whether 1st or tourist)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
....mine aren't scared just have a bark...not ideal at midnight.
Same with Lara & Casey. Lara did start barking when some people up the road had their fireworks but she was inside and we are far enough away that it can't have annoyed anyone.

Our local pub was shut.

BTW Nice pressie

So off out now with the terrible two, see you all latter.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Thanks Harvey, can't wait to actually get it lol...finding it hard being patient!!
How's the big lad doing at the moment? Any improvement on the tablets?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >