register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Been a nice day up to about 3pm when the heavens opened.I was just off out shopping. Got all the girls walked this morning and we had ball games on the field and a run round, so everyone happy and settled with a bone.
Oh Moyra, thats awful, like Griff I'm lost if I don't have a phone with me, the one time I never took my phone with me when out with the dogs was the day the retired greyhound I had collapsed after chasing rabbits with Tawney. I had no phone with me to ring for help, people were walking past me and not offering help, eventually managed to get someone to let me use their phone and phoned the people she came from and their son came out in the van for her, got her home and she'd died on the way Never ever again will I leave my phone at home when out with the girls. A few times I've not had a phone for one reason or another and I've been quite anxious about stuff happening.After losing my keys on the river once and having to climb over next doors wall, with broken ribs using a step ladder, I have a spare key secreted somewhere.
You are spot on Griff, the more she runs around after her when she behaves like a spoiled child, the more she will encourage the behaviour, so best ignoring it, but not a nice thing to have to have going on when you're not well and in pain.
Biscuits sound gorgeous Lynn, Dillon is a lucky boy
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

15-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Managed to get pc to work a bit just now, so popping in to say a big HELLO to everyone! May apologies for not being on, pc goes too slow then jams up! I need a new one but that will have to wait meantime!

Charlie is doing good and behaving himself - he hasn't opened the fridge the way Loki would! I still miss my Loki though. Charlie looks at Loki's pic when I tell him to!! He is good company - hates poor Soochie and he won't sit in here, in the living room, especially when Soochie screeches!! He wonders how a bird can talk as well!!

Hope everyone here is hail and hearty - and hello June!! Hope your Utes are doing good!!

Hugs to all
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Hi Rose, lovely to hear from you, I often think about you, theres 5 Utes now, all girls
You did a wonderful thing taking Charlie in, and I bet he gets some lovely walks with you, just like Loki did
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I feel like i have had my arm cut off if i don't have my phone, before christmas last year i popped to get some bits for presents, left in a rush and i needed to call my mum...went to get my phone, no phone, panicked like mad thinking it had been lost but i realised i hadn't popped it in my pocket... i had to go old school and find a phone box!!!! i couldn't beleive the minimum charge for using the phone either...then the phone just ate my money Lol i was very annoyed
Well you're far too young and beautiful to remember but there once was a time when phone boxes were the only way of communicating when out and about.
I never liked them, dirty, smelly, and God knows how many germs on the handset My firm once gave me one of those 'bleeper' things and I was told "When it bleeps just go to a phone box and call the office" what dream world some bosses live in, as far as I recall when ever it bleeped at me there was no phone box around, if I saw one when driving there was never anywhere to stop, and if I did find one and could park up, when I tried to call it would be "Out of Order"

I also once had to call my wife when she was somewhere in Europe, I had ten pounds in coins in a bag and I was feeding the thing with every word I uttered, after what seemed only about two minutes I had to tell her "Must go I'm out of money "
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2016, 08:48 PM
LOL Harvey do you remember the red telephone box at the end of the road where you pushed buttons A and B,and people rang you from THEIR red telephone boxes at set times
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Never ever again will I leave my phone at home when out with the girls.
Hi June, thanks for mentioning this, I have been quite often without phone when walking our two and I really should take it with me because as you know Rianna is now 11 and I dread anything happening to her when we are out. Casey is younger (Well we think he is 'tho we don't know his birthday) and he can be a loon and would chase a rabbit if he saw one and with his heart condition I worry about that.

So what to do How about a big sign by the front door "Have you got your phone " SWMBO will say I'm just senile but I don't care
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-04-2016, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
LOL Harvey do you remember the red telephone box at the end of the road where you pushed buttons A and B,and people rang you from THEIR red telephone boxes at set times
Yes I do remember that. Funny thing is that in our village we have one near us and last Saturday there was a lady with her young son cleaning it. She did a good job too and now it even has plastic flowers inside and little sunshine transfers on the top glass panes of the door and sides. I've never seen anyone using it. I think it was part of the village community clean up day because I saw a few other people with bin bags and sticks picking up litter.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Awww Harvey, you are sweet...I am 36!!! I do remember no mobile phones...but not for long and I did have a pager lol, at one point I looked like a dealer with 2mobiles and a bleeper....I used to walk up the phonebox and call my mate with 20p and she would call me back lol...always stank of wee though and I used to have to prop the door open so I didn't die from the smell...the button A and B thing...I have heard of it!!
Back from the hospital, mums mate isn't well at all, she was sick when I was with her this evening, they were on about sending her out tomorrow... No way is that possible, she lives alone and I can't imagine she would be able to manage... Plus they need to teach her to inject insulin and I can't believe they would just do it once and send her off. She watched EastEnders on my tablet so I will download tonights for her
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I remember when my youngest son was a baby and diagnosed with diabetes, they wouldn't let him go home until I was able to do the injections, I remember learning on an orange
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2016, 10:31 PM
I didn't think they would just show her and leave her go
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >