register for free

Dog News

Dog deliberately run over by police

I have just heard this on the news.
I just couldn't believe what I was hearing.

A dog has died after being deliberately run down by police on the A55 in Conwy, North Wales Police has confirmed.
The foxhound was running toward oncoming traffic between the Llanfairfechan roundabout and the Conwy tunnel in the early hours of Monday.

The force said officers could not bring the dog under control and the "only safe option" was to destroy it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-35644209

Your comments and views:
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2016, 01:25 PM
This is so sad, I am sure they could have got someone out to drug dart the dog and blocked the road while they did. What a crying shame.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2016, 01:52 PM
I can't even bring myself to read this article the title alone will give me nightmares
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2016, 01:58 PM
I read it but can see no justification for their actions, would they have done the same to a person running about on the carriageway and resisting arrest. Beggars belief.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2016, 02:47 PM
This is dreadful! The police complain they do not have public support and yet feel free to use a speeding vehicle to cruelly end the life of an obviously lost and distressed creature.
I detest this sort of act! It shows high-handed callousness in persons occupying a post that should show humanity and display courage and kindness.
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Disgusting!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Only scum would run a dog over - not just any dog, but a foxhound - not a pet, but a dog fulfilling the function for which it was bred. I am guessing here that this was a stray foxhound that had got separated from the pack whilst out hunting. Whereas I am very anti foxhunting, that is nothing to do with it - to deliberately run any animal over in order to kill it is an absolutely disgusting thing to do - the death albeit it quick would be extremely painful and stressful. I am absolutely appalled and disgusted that any police officer could do such a thing, particularly one who himself/herself is a dog owner. I would be sacked rather than perform such a dastardly and inhumane act.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2016, 02:03 PM
I think the responses here say it all, there is just not justification for their action and I feel they should stand to be hauled over the coals for it.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-02-2016, 10:53 PM
This is awful
k9maxie
New Member!
Male 

01-03-2016, 04:04 PM
The way that was handled was just appalling. Another great advert for the police...and no mention of the RSPCA either.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top