View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 09:01 AM
5 plus but they are little walks as Mollie can't do long ones so much these days, but add them up and she gets well over an hour a day. She can't go off lead as she is failing in her hearing and eye sight and a little confused so she has a very long line (I don't want her to wander off and get scared she can't find me),
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2013, 09:19 AM
I'd like to do two a day, and where I used to live that's what I did. But here they always come back filthy, and I can't face cleaning them up more than once a day, so they just have one long one!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I walk my Dalmatians once a day for at least an hour off lead, we can be out for up to about 6 hours.
Occasionally we go for a short on lead walk in the evenings but very rarely.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 10:08 AM
roxi my lurcher only goes out once and shes a large dog.. i have her out for about an hour, she runs around like a loon and gets knackered!!

the little ones have whatever i give them, theyre happy with a little tootle about for half an hour, but love being out for longer.

it really depends on whether im in work or not and what time. rox hunts on sundays so is out for 3 hours, so she doesnt go again on the sunday.

im lucky that if i miss a day they arent that fussed! i try not to though!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2013, 11:01 AM
1 walk a day here, offlead for around 2 hours. All walked together. Dogs range from 7.5 kgs to 46 kgs.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 11:28 AM
2 lead walks a day here normally totalling about an hour. Although Kyiro hasn't had a walk for 9 weeks because of his foot.
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2013, 11:39 AM
During the winter I tend to take my two out just once a day, but in the summer we often go out for a longer walk in the evening too. They are also quite happy to skip a walk if the weather is rotten, much preferring to snuggle indoors and sleep! But that's whippets for you.
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Saturday and Sunday he usually gets a really good hour and half hike off lead round the hills which totally tire him out.

During the week we jog/interval train for about half an hour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, he also comes to the stables with me on those days and has a run around off lead in the fields. Wednesday night we have dog training. Tuesday and Thursday he doesn’t usually do a lot, he might have a potter round the block but usually we’ll just do some trick training or something. (I usually exercise my horse Tuesday/Thursday).

This will be the routine until September when I go back to college in the evenings!
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Cora gets 3 walks a day usually. 2 x 20-30mins on-lead walking in the morning and in the evening, with another walk early afternoon.

The middle walk is usually off lead for the most part, for around an hour or so. Though to be fair, that is not always continuous walking, as she is still growing and I don't want to overdo it on her joints.
I figure since we only have a courtyard garden and she doesn't get to spend much time playing in it, we can make up for that with time spent off lead where she can go at her own pace, stop if she wants to, or run around like maddies for short spurts!

Occasionally I swap this off lead walk for a combination walk; we do 15-20 mins on-lead to our large local park, sit on a bench for 20 mins or so working on dealing with distractions/not being allowed to chase birds, or lunge/bark at dogs/joggers/cyclists etc, acclimatising her to staying calm in these situations. Then we get 20 mins or so off lead running around, a 20 mins in the cafe in the park (where they love dogs and dog owners more than yummy mummies and their kids!), then another 15-20mins walking home.

At weekends we tend to forgo the morning walk if we take her somewhere interesting like into the big forests, the beach, or up the Lomond hills. These walks are also broken down with rest periods, lunch/refreshments and are mostly done off lead, at her pace, stopping whenever she wants to.

I'm always concerned about the possibility of over exercising my pup, but over christmas when we were driving all over the place and spending lots of time in other family members homes (including overnight visits) we noticed in the 2nd week of the holidays her temperament was beginning to suffer and we think it was due to the lack of regular exercise and the stimulation she gets from it.
kimberleythomas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2013, 12:45 PM
At the moment she get 1 walk a day sometimes just walking othertimes off lead too. she has time out in the gardren. When the weather warms a bit she will get more.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >