View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Just awful. Not too far from us either. A friend of ours is part of the search and rescue team looking for her with his dogs. I think most people know it's not going to be a good outcome, but I can't help but have a glimmer of hope that she will be another "Shannon" and is being hidden in someone's house. But I don't think so
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2012, 12:56 PM
We too have been following this story closely,I feel so sorry for the family,that child had every right to be playing outside with her friends by her home,it's a very small rural town where every one knows each other, they had just come back from a parents evening,that man or whoever took her had no right to do that and that person is to blame,not April & not her family.

I've always taught my children to come home and tell me where they are going and who with but obviously it can be quite difficult for younger children to do this especially when it's someone known to them & there family.

I very much doubt now that he has been re arrested on suspicion of murder that this is going to be a happy ending

Thinking of April & her family at such a difficult,traumatic time x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2012, 02:11 PM
that child had every right to be playing outside with her friends by her home,
I quite agree, but sadly as we are all to aware in this day and age it is just not safe to have ones so young and vulnerable out alone in the evenings like that.
In an ideal world all children would be able to play safely anywhere alone, but because time and time again children are taken by peodaphiles and killers, if you want your children, especially that young to have the freedom to play out, then you must as parents take the time out to keep a watch that they are safe.
To send them out to play because they have the right is now a game of Russian Roulette and not worth the risk.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2012, 02:29 PM
So sad......she was enjoying a special extra playing out time as she ad had an amazing report from her teachers at parent's evening.The guy arrested is a parent at the same school who was also at the parent's evening that night...
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
So sad......she was enjoying a special extra playing out time as she ad had an amazing report from her teachers at parent's evening.The guy arrested is a parent at the same school who was also at the parent's evening that night...
It is awful, just dreadful
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3