register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: How often do you shampoo your dog/puppy?
Once a week 1 1.64%
once a fortnightly 4 6.56%
once a month 4 6.56%
only when he/she's dirty 52 85.25%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Usually only bath mine before a show (but not EVERY show)
Just when they have the extra strong doglet aroma
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I only ever bath Abe when i think he's excessivlly dirty or smelly because...

a)He's not a water loving dog

b)He's too damn heavy to lift in the bath,so wait until i think he really needs it.Two man job getting him in bath-otherwise i can feel my discs popping out of spine...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi M/c won't be long now!

Although you would think mine are a pain to keep clean they are not! If Georgie is dirty when we get back he gets a good hosing underneath and I get the shampoo out if he's really dirty under there. Cassie used to get the same treatment every morning even in the winter up at the stableyard as you can imagine the state she would be in with all that mud in my horse's field! I suppose I would actually bath them about once a year, apart from that they just get the hose, but only underneath. Aren't I cruel! Actually I think Georgie really likes it as he must get quite hot after a good run in his thick coat, so he just stands there and waits for me to turn the hose on!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi Helen

Funnily enough,my friends long haired German Shepherd (which was PTS couple of months back due to heart problem) used to love water,but wouldnt swim.I used to look after him when they were on holiday in the summer and used to blast him with water until he had the biggest centre parting possible! Its amazing that his width would reduce by 2/3rds when wet which shows how hairy he was.Abe when wet dont get any smaller though...
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Hi M/c won't be long now!

Although you would think mine are a pain to keep clean they are not! If Georgie is dirty when we get back he gets a good hosing underneath and I get the shampoo out if he's really dirty under there. Cassie used to get the same treatment every morning even in the winter up at the stableyard as you can imagine the state she would be in with all that mud in my horse's field! I suppose I would actually bath them about once a year, apart from that they just get the hose, but only underneath. Aren't I cruel! Actually I think Georgie really likes it as he must get quite hot after a good run in his thick coat, so he just stands there and waits for me to turn the hose on!
No it won't be - so excited - ordered loads of goods off the net today to start the process vetbed,shampoo LOL stain and odour remover, bowls for crate, Nylabone puppy kit, nailclippers...just the beginning

Now you know I would NEVER say anything derogatory about a longcoated shepherd they are beautiful and wonderful dogs, exactly like yours
Hope you are well Helen, good to hear from you again. xi
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 09:29 PM
I bath my dogs every two weeks or if they have rolled in somethink then i do it before i think they like haveing a bath.
leilah
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2005, 10:56 PM
we only wash our dogs when they are caked in mud and god only knows what else, which isnt that often.
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2005, 06:21 AM
i use baby wipes on abbie and sox they have never been bathed
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4