Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 08:16 PM

staffy pups help

for anyone who has owned a staffy pup, my boy is just 6 months old, he is pure breed but not kc reg! hes skinny and leggy but he is wide hardly any fat but he has muslces! his head has not slipt and his growth spurt has stopped and growly normally now!

I am i right to think that pups grow in a different way, like u cant say the head splits at 9 months, as dogs grow at different weight!

if you meet borris in the flesh u can for sure tell that he is pure breed, but on some photos he just dont look pure breed!

i asked many people who owned staffies and breed them if they think borris is full staff and they have all said yes! but on photos on other forums have said that he may not be pure breed!

its upseting as i know he is, just when people tell u he may not be makes me upset!

has anyone elses staffy male pup, been skinny, leggy and his ears are to big for him! or is it just me???
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Leo was like that, he was all legs no head or chest. he did not start filling oput until at least 15 months but then he did not stop until he was 3 so there is plenty of time
leilah
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2005, 08:42 PM
I own a Staffy bitch and people said the same about her, one even said her head was all wrong, Nadi has now grown into her ears and i give her shin bones about 6"s long and it has made her head look wider. I don't know if i was any help, but as far as i know there is no concret rule to say that they have to develop at the same rate, many late developer's turn out to be better dogs! (in my opinion)
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 09:12 PM
ty guys thought u lot would no more than most! get a pic up soon
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi Staffimad dont worry to much about what some say there will always be somebody saying something bad about your pup a lot of people look for the bad points rather than the good points ....your pup is just coming through teething witch will affect his head width and ear carriage plus he has another 18 months of matureing to do and everthing will come together ...remember the story of the ugly duckling and enjoy your puppy
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 09:42 PM
borris nd bessie

another of borris

ty everyone!!
minty oh i love him, hes great, but some just really annoyed me on another forum saying that he is not a pure breed stafford!!
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 11:16 PM
do u know if he has a lot of terrier in him? some lins carrie more terrier in there looks and others are more bull. i would say that he has more of a look of a terrier type stafford. my first stafford was a terrier type and she was 1 of the best i every had.

she is the black 1 in this pic
Bobby-Digital
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-05-2005, 11:42 PM
AWWW STAFFYMAD, DON'T GET MAD.LOL
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL LOTS OF PEOPLE WOULD SAY DINO DIDN'T LOOK LIKE A STAFFY WHEN YOUNG. THEY UST CHANGE LOADS WHEN THEY GROW, PLUS THEIR HEADS SPLIT, ITS A BIG CHANGE. DINO HAD HUGE EARS WHEN YOUNGER, VERY LEGGY AND SMALL HEADED.
DINO IS MORE LIKE THE ORIGINAL STAFFORDS, ATHLETIC, LONGER NOSED AND MORE ABLE TO DO THE ORIGINAL STAFFY ACTIVITIES. ALL THESE SHOWRING STAFFIES THAT STRUGGLE FOR BREATH WITH SHORT SOFT PALETTES ARE JUST CARICATURES OF THE REAL STAFFORD. BACK IN THE DAY DIFFERNET REGIONS HAD DIFFERNT TYPES SOME MORE TERRIER SOME MORE BULLY, NOW ALL THE SHOW RING DOGS LOOK ALL WARPED. THEY ARE GOING THE WAY OF THE BULLDOG.
IN PARTICULAR STAFFY PUPPIES LOOK DIFFERENT TO WHEN ADULTS, SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT JUST CHECK OUT WHAT DINO USED TO LOOK LIKE AND WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE NOW. WE USED TO CALL HIM A STAFFRADOR, HALF STAFFY HALF LABRADOR !
TRUST ME HE YOUR PUPPY LOOKS GREAT !, YOU WILL SEE A STEADY GROWTH, THEN BETWEEN 8 -10 OF AGE YOU SHOULD SEE A 10% GROWTH SPURT AND THE HEAD WILL SPLIT.

CHECK OUT HOW LONG HIS NOSE LOOKS AND HOW SMALL HIS HEAD IS. LOOK AT THEM EARS !!! LOL HE'S ABOUT 4 MONTHS OLD HERE I THINK.

CHECK HIM OUT NOW HE'S AWESOME

Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 08:04 AM
oh ty guys you have all made my day, my week, my month and prob my year!!!
Bobbie hes not Kc reg so i really cant tell! but i can see what you mean in the terrier type! all you staffords are beautiful!! ty bobbie!!!

HI BOBBY and stunning dino. ty for those words and doesnt borris look like dino when he was younger, oh wow what a difference in pup dino to adult dino! he a stunning dog!!!!
I to much like the leggy non show type that the small show type!
This woman on another forum was just being nasty to me and when that didnt get to me she started on my borris saying he was cross breed! because she had been AROUND STAFFORDS! for a long time in shows, but i dont think she has ever owned a staffy!

but i knew you guys on here would no more that most!!!!! great people here, when my bo is a big strapping lad like dino i will show her the photos and she can eat her own words!!!

Big hug to everyone who replyed and big hugs to your dogges to xxx
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Staffiemad have no fear- a dog will mature in his own time

Take no notice of *experts* who can tell from a single photo

I will email you a pic of Gus at 9 months and one now
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >