View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 02:04 PM
On 3 seperate occasions we have had the RSPCA round to us because of supposed ill treatment reported by our neighbours I'm sorry I don't trust any legislation that allows one call and they can take an animal away. The ill tteatment btw was supposed to be neglect but I am home all day and my husband all evening and it was only when our vet got involved and explained our dog had an allergy that we were eventually left alone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Sponge
Has any one heard the new legislation for animals......from now on, the police will only have to have a compliaint of supposed neglect or cruelty and they will be able to remove the animal to care...?
In our dreams maybe! In an ideal world too!
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 03:21 PM
The thing is what will happen to the animals that are removed ?
I would be worried that if they cant find a home very fast for them they will be PTS
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Julie
Not so good if you have malicious dog haters as neighbours
Exactly what i was going to add

and where are they putting all these animals as I would expect there to be lots of them and given that many rescues etc are already fit to burst
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Julie
On 3 seperate occasions we have had the RSPCA round to us because of supposed ill treatment reported by our neighbours I'm sorry I don't trust any legislation that allows one call and they can take an animal away. The ill tteatment btw was supposed to be neglect but I am home all day and my husband all evening and it was only when our vet got involved and explained our dog had an allergy that we were eventually left alone.
Good point Julie. I owned a mongrel that developed Cushing's Syndrome. He was 14, pot bellied, losing hair, behaved like a puppy but had no bladder control. We were prescribed Lysodren by our vet and my baby turned into a thin dog that aged in a matter of months before my eyes. It must have looked bad to other people but the vet kept advising us that we just needed to adjust the amount of drug to the optimum amount for him ...

In retrospect I would have had him put to sleep earlier but we didn't, on advice from the vet. We actually asked about it and were told that he would only last a few more months, he wasn't in terrible pain just aged and it would be kind to let him live out his last few months at home. I'd have been devastated if someone had complained when I was beside myself with uncertainty and grief anyway.

Let's hope that the authorities follow up on calls but use their judgement and look for evidence before acting.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 03:44 PM
another important point is -
arent the police supposedly understaffed anyway before running here there and everywhere collecting all these animals
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2005, 03:46 PM
i think its good, but only if they actually investigate it first. it will be good for all those poor dogs stuck on the ends of chains, never walked or anything.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2