15-05-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm told this quite a lot.
I believe it is untrue.
Does anyone know for sure?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2005, 04:54 PM
I would be surprised actually because people who arent homeless cant claim for pets
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2005, 05:04 PM
lel from what i am told the rspca give money to the social to help ppl with pets who are homeless. dm i was told by a friend who works for the social.
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Homeless people so I am told by my sister in law whos works for DHSS get what are called "Counter Payments" not sure about the allowance for dogs
I would think its highly unlikely though but will ask.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 12:35 AM
There's a guy i see when i walk my dogs that is homeless and has a couple of dogs. Although to say 'unkempt' is an understatement when describing the man (lol!!) his dogs are in absolutely perfect condition!! As has already been said, a lot of homeless people will feed their dogs before themselves. The guy i know thinks the world of his dogs and they are very happy and healthy and they seem to have a very good life!!! They look a lot better than some dogs i see belonging to 'rich' people. I think it helps that he is able to spend all day everyday with them so they get all the love and attention they need!
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Whether or not a person should be allowed to care for a dog should be based soloely on that persons desire to CARE for a dog, Anyone with a genuine concern and love for a dog should be allowed to care for it. As many of the previously told stories and experiences show, the friendship of a dog is the single most satisfying aspect of some peoples lives, who are we to take that away from either the dog or the person?
Sian
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6