View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 12:16 PM

Lily (jrt) and Zena (gsd) go mountaineering!

Just got back from a FANTASTIC walk with Claire and Lily, we climbed right up to the very top of Cissbury (only 800ft!!!) she thought I was trying to kill her off lol!

Anyhoo, enjoy some pics of our walk, Zena and the darling Lily get on like a house on fire, and I've fallen totally in love with that little cherub!

Yayyyy, it's my little friend!

C'mon Zena, let's run up the top!

It's a long old climb!

Nearly there!

Just one more flight!

Yayy, we made it!

Poor old Claire lol!

Welll worth it though with that view

Then we met a couple of beagles and one ran off withZena's ball, it took him ages to get it back for us while Zena waited patiently!

Off we go again then

Always togevver!

No you go, no YOU go!

Togevver again!

Then on to the downhill run

Lily decides she's going down into those bushes,that's too narrow for Zena to go in there, she's checking it out!

Lily taking in the view!

Then Zena joined in

and back to the car park!

The view from the other side at the top you can see the sea

Bit windy up there, dogs had a great time, and we had a good old natter coz we haven't met up for aaaaages! Thanks for looking
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Aww! Lovely pics, looks like they had a great time.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Ha ha! Check me out all wrapped up while the sun is beating down!! It was flipping windy when we came round the top again but like you say, so worth it for the views!

Great to see you and Zena again Helen and they certainly did get on so well! I just know that they recognised each other and they trot along together like a pair of old friends having a chat!

I've just cut the grass and Lily was out helping me. She's just curled up on the sofa but I'll be dragging her out again in a minute so we can go and see another friend for some playtime. She'll definitely sleep well tonight!

Zena is looking fabulous and she has all her long skirt back again which is good to see. She's a gorgeous girl and of course, being Lily's twin makes her just perfect!

Thanks again for Lily's ball. I know she will enjoy getting Dylan to chase her for it and any other dog she can entice too! xxxxxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Great pics ladies.... Zena and Lily look like firm friends! Lovely walk by the looks of it too!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks grommit and Clare These two get on like a house on fire, and yet lately, they've both been getting into trouble with some other dogs, but it's plain to see, there's not an ounce of aggression in either of them now! When we met up with those two naughty little beagles and Zena gave one her ball there were no problems, quite the opposite in fact, and then we met lots of other dogs who were all friendly, so all in all it made for a lovely walk for not just ourselves but the pair of them as well. Only the very brave and the very committed dogwalkers dare to venture up the top there, so it goes without saying that they're dogs are gonna be friendly and under control doesn't it!

Hi Claire! Blimey it was cold and windy up top wasn't it even though the sun was shining, I'm glad I had my new silly hat, we should have got a pic of me in that shouldn't we! That's the best walk I've had of late, I love to see Zena so happy and running around with a really good friend like dear little Lil's, coz of late, I've been very hesitant as to whether or not to let her play with some of the other local dogs, same as you must have felt a while back, but it all seems ok now doesn't it, look at the pair of them, trotting along together like a pair of really good friends, just like us mate! It did make me laugh the way the pair of them stopped when those people appeared up ahead, each of them waiting for the other to venture further forward, Lily kept looking back at Zena as if to say "go on, you're bigger than me, I know I'm a gsd, but I'm only a tiny one lol!"

Better not walk with you again too soon, coz I might just get addicted to that little girlie of yours and pinch her off ya!!!! xxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Awww...how lovely! Look like you had a great time
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Aww gorgeous pics. Looks like a lovely walk and the girls are so funny together. Like little and large! Well done on getting a pic of Claire. She normally runs and hides when the camera comes out! Not sure I could manage that hill, you'd have to carry me! Glad you had a good walk. We must organise a southern Dogsey walk. Be nice to get some of our dogs together!
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Fab photos ladies, those two are obviously the best of friends, what a lovely looking walk too, worth the climb just for that view! Thanks for sharing.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Awww...how lovely! Look like you had a great time
We did indeed, thanks Jackie, it's lovely for Zena to have a playmate on a long walk, doesn't happen often!

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Aww gorgeous pics. Looks like a lovely walk and the girls are so funny together. Like little and large! Well done on getting a pic of Claire. She normally runs and hides when the camera comes out! Not sure I could manage that hill, you'd have to carry me! Glad you had a good walk. We must organise a southern Dogsey walk. Be nice to get some of our dogs together!
Lol, yeah, I was wondering whether it was ok to post that pic of Claire, but it's such a nice pic of her smiling (or would that be gasping for breath maybe????? )I didn't think about putting it up! As for little Lils and Zena, they've always been best buddies ever since they were tiny, I'll never forget them with that buffet tray that day!!! We really must organise something for all the Sussex dogsey lot to meet up, coz it's sooooo gorgeous up the top there, and you get the whole place to yourself - almost! Thanks Gerri, can't wait to meet up with you and Tilly either!

Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
Fab photos ladies, those two are obviously the best of friends, what a lovely looking walk too, worth the climb just for that view! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Jessi That's just what we said to each other, although they didn't play like they used to, they were always together wherever they went off sniffing this morning, and it was so nice to see them always side by side trotting along, although I did worry at one time that Zena would follow her down the steep side into all those thick bushes and get stuck, coz there's no way I would have gone down there from that height!!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Lovely photo's and looks like a fab walk!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >