View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Really hope the test and surgery go well, and ben is on the mends and feeling better soon...poor lad.
Thinking of you all and wishing you both, all the best.
Keep us posted
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Just to add to what Shona put above. If the dye test finds the problem they will probably aperate todfay but if it does not show anything then it will be an MRI tomorrow.The vet is also concerned about no pain reflex and no bladder function.

Sending all the vibes we can summon from here....
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for letting us know Shona. Lots of positive (((vibes))) are still heading his way from here that they soon know the problem and can fix it.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Benzmum, I'm thinking about you and Ben. I'm so shocked that this has happened really suddenly. Keeping everything crossed for your pup.

{{{{{}}}}}
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Lots of positive vibes and hugs from here too.
Hope there is good news soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Just to add to what Shona put above. If the dye test finds the problem they will probably aperate todfay but if it does not show anything then it will be an MRI tomorrow.The vet is also concerned about no pain reflex and no bladder function.

Sending all the vibes we can summon from here....
Oh dear, I really don't know which one of those I'd wish for, but at least they will find the problem whatever it is and I just know they're gonna know how to fix it too!!!

Still sending everything we've got for you and Ben Lynne, got everything on constant too now.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Aww Poor Ben, well at least their on to it now, whitchever way they decide to go.

Healing vibes

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Elaine xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks so much guys I can't give out any more reppies but to each and every one of you thank you.

Stuart is just back and as I have had no call it seems safe to assume Ben is being operated on as I type The guy who saw him was a Mark Lowrie.I have to waitto hear from him but it will be later on tonight I don't have a time but well after tea time as the op is either to remove a whole disc or to cut away a malformed or broken bit of vertebrae.

The vet was extremely concerned that he had absolutely no feeling in his back legs at all and that this had been since yesterday (like I tried to tell the 2 vets yesterday) and also thathe has no bladder function as this also indicates nerve damage.

The nerve damage itself cannot be repaired all that we can hope is that there is some pressure on the nerve which is causing temporary problems. He said there is a 50/50 chance of success and if no success there is no other option.

He also said that Staffys have a tendancy to have spasms in there muscles which cause vertebrae to pop out and cause damage to the spinal chord and thatthis is a breed trait ( I had no knowledge ofthis but maybe someone will need that info to save them going through what I am right now - eg if your staff or staff x has back/leg paralysis INSIST on help immediately)

All I canm do is sit and wait and even at that the vet says they wont know of any improvement nor would he expect one for at least a week and even then the 1st sign they are looking for is for him to be pain...this shows the nerve is functioning.

I know I have to try to stay calm but I feel sick to the pit of my stomach and so bl**dy helpless. and now I cant see the creen - its gone all blurry and the dam keyboard is wet
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh Lynne, there are no words at a time like this ... so I will just offer hugs and send as many healing thoughts as possible Ben's way.

The waiting must be the worst part.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Thanks so much guys I can't give out any more reppies but to each and every one of you thank you.

Stuart is just back and as I have had no call it seems safe to assume Ben is being operated on as I type The guy who saw him was a Mark Lowrie.I have to waitto hear from him but it will be later on tonight I don't have a time but well after tea time as the op is either to remove a whole disc or to cut away a malformed or broken bit of vertebrae.

The vet was extremely concerned that he had absolutely no feeling in his back legs at all and that this had been since yesterday (like I tried to tell the 2 vets yesterday) and also thathe has no bladder function as this also indicates nerve damage.

The nerve damage itself cannot be repaired all that we can hope is that there is some pressure on the nerve which is causing temporary problems. He said there is a 50/50 chance of success and if no success there is no other option.

He also said that Staffys have a tendancy to have spasms in there muscles which cause vertebrae to pop out and cause damage to the spinal chord and thatthis is a breed trait ( I had no knowledge ofthis but maybe someone will need that info to save them going through what I am right now - eg if your staff or staff x has back/leg paralysis INSIST on help immediately)

All I canm do is sit and wait and even at that the vet says they wont know of any improvement nor would he expect one for at least a week and even then the 1st sign they are looking for is for him to be pain...this shows the nerve is functioning.

I know I have to try to stay calm but I feel sick to the pit of my stomach and so bl**dy helpless. and now I cant see the creen - its gone all blurry and the dam keyboard is wet

ooh sweetie just caught all of this as havent been on in a few days. so sorry for what you are going through and poor ben.

I have absolutely everything crossed here for you that all is going well and that its the best possible outcome, I have no knowledge of the vertebrae thing but thankyou for mentioning it.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGEHUGS)))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))

TAKE CARE of yourself and keep us updated.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dani
Page 12 of 50 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »