Female 

28-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Happy Birthday Lynne Xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Afternoon Linda, Malka, Moyra and June.

Linda enjoy the swimming and I hope Carys has fun with her scuba set.
Malka a disturbed night hoping you manage a nanny nap later.
Moyra well done and glad you are feeling a little better now.
June hoping the rain has stopped.

Lynne Happy Birthday if you pop on.

We have been to Heacham beach with Dillon and we left the camera in the car.
He is filthy he rolled in the sand and rubbed his face in it. I was frantically getting it out of his eyes. Tide was out and he loved wading along in the mud and then laid in it. He still looks a little tentative on that leg it seems to come and go. Will be monitoring that.
So I have one very mucky seaweed stinking dog who needs to dry off so I can brush him out. Think he had a good time though we didn't walk miles, we think Dillon prefers grass and fields to beaches. He was much happier on the grass wandering about on the end of his long line while we sat and had a toasted tea cake and a cuppa.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Lynn - I do not envy you trying to brush out a seaweed ponging mucky Dillon so good luck and I hope his leg will be OK after his beach explorations!

I think I have gotten so used to Da Booga needing out that I reckon most of the time I am half asleep during the process. She wakes me by first shaking her head noisily, then stands up and has a good all-over shake, then hops off the bed and stands there waiting for me.

Somehow get through the bungalow, clip on her tether, open the door, go to the loo myself and then flonk down on the couch until she comes in and I am aware of a cold nose prodding me! Close and lock the door, unclip her tether, and I am back in bed and asleep before I realise it. I only check the time because with her I need to know times of everything.

And she really is good about going back to bed and sleep, and usually we get a few hours in after the 7am alarm. Yesterday I was wide awake though so did not go back to bed but this morning I could probably have slept even longer had it not been for her needing out and me needing the loo again, and it really was more than late enough!

OK she can be a real booger at times but mostly she is so good and fits in with my lifestyle perfectly.

What more could I ask from such a wonderful companion?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Rain had more or less stopped, so took Mabs and Keshi onto the field where they had a lot of running, playing and galloping about, had a ball with me which I threw every so often, one would pick it up and the other would chase them
I made sure they were a good distance away before I went to pick the ball up, as I bent down they were upon me and on top of me, with me underneath before I knew it.
I now have a twisted ankle because I fell all funny. Had my wellies on so it supported my foot, went home, swopped girlies over, by then it was raining again, Cariad not best pleased but she did come with me without holding back. Lona is jumping up for the ball when I throw it Lynn, like there is nothing wrong, but every so often she sort of limps, then shakes it off. I'm all creaky today because it is damp and cold, I've had a lovely pain free couple of weeks, back to normality now, well apart from self inflicted painting soreness, but I can go with that! Taken my wellies off and my ankle is hurting aaggghh. Got the bathroom to do because it is raining hard again, can't do the jobs I was going to do in the garden, so I think iB gel is the way forward!
Girls would have loved the run on the beach, got some lovely ones of Taran and a couple of the horses in the sea sent to me the other day and he was in his element.
You need a bale of shavings shaken down in a shed and let him roll in it and all the sand etc will come out, well the majority of it does, and then you just have to tidy them up.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Not so good now have just taken it since the last one at 7 this morning but I am shaking and shivering and feeling rough still I wont be beaten. I might be trying too hard to draw it out further than 8 hours. I should perhaps get used to that first.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Moyra - you should never try to cut down on a daily basis. If you can, give yourself 2-3 days on one dose timing before the next cut down. Can you then cut down by half an hour a day for another 2-3 days?

You are doing wonderfully well but maybe you are trying too much too quickly? (((hugs)))
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks all for the birthday wishes
We got back from Hols late last night. I enjoyed it but after a bit it was a case of "If you've seen one cemetery - you've seen them all" for me anyway.
A nightmare nearly 14 hour journey back home due to the traffic at this end. I was ready for bed when we got here!!
Picked Taff up this morning - I think he'd missed us He was hoarse when he barked. He flew into the car - just in case we went off without him again. After exploring the house to check there was nothing different here he fell asleep as though to say "Ah. I can relax now"
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Awww bless him. Nice to know you've been missed though
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Glad to see you back in one piece Lynne, and thank YOU for MY birthday wishes all the way from Ostend, I think you said.
Hope you've had a nice birthday today, and Taff won't have left your side probably, just in case you sneak off again.
I did watch some of the D Day commemorations over there on TV and the graves look beautifully kept and it was quite emotional to hear all about what happened and all the brave people who gave their lives. You've done your bit now, so thats that. We'll arrange a meet shall we now you're back with us, get one in before the schools break up and I'm in hiding for 6 weeks. Got nobody due in season that I know of anyway!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >