Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 09:12 AM

Teaching asbo to play fetch

well im teaching asbo to play fetch, he loves bringing the ball back to you, and will play in the house, but out on walks there are more important things for him to smell at the minute

so whenever he picks up the ball to play with now, i take him into the hall (long strip which goes straight into the kitchen) so we throw it up and down there a few times and he drops it by my side, eventually going to get him to play fetch in the garden, then move to the field in front of the house, then maybe start taking it on walks

wish us luck

do any of your dogs play fetch when you ar on a walk?
SuperflyBadger
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi

Badger our 10 month old Staffy will ONLY play fetch in the park - he isn't interested in anything, anyone or any other dogs - just chasing after his ball!! He loves it!

However, my two golden retrievers Hubble and Baxter will play fetch in the house - but once they get to the park - absolutely not interested - and just want to run off the lead and explore and chase the ever elusive squirrels! Not quite fast enough to catch them though!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 11:37 AM
do any of your dogs play fetch when you ar on a walk?

Yep
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Ruby plays fetch (to a fashion) at home, but gets bored quite quick. When on a walk she isnt intrested in anything other than putting her nose to the ground and sniffing......shes not even that bothered about treats when out, which is a problem when trying to do some training