View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 01:04 PM

A bit of help needed here folks (uploading photos)

OK here we go

Last night I pluged in my camers(it's a Casio EX-S770) and the computer said that it could upload the photos insted of useing the Casio program so I used it
Right well to-day I did the same thing but it didn't work so did I do something wrong or was it just luck that it happened
I hope this makes some sence to someone

The computer is a Windows XP
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Do you mean that you are just uploading to My pictures Rob and the window isn't popping up to allow you to upload them?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 01:09 PM
I use xp and no need for the camera softwear. As soon as I plug in camera it opens a box with the folder from camera complete with any pics I've taken. Just a case of moving them from there to wherever ya want em "my pics" etc
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I can't think how you can get that window to pop up - I always have mine going to Adobe photoshop thats a free download so I don't use the windows one
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Do you mean that you are just uploading to My pictures Rob and the window isn't popping
p to allow you to upload them?

What I was doing was using the Casio program but they kept on getting lost so to speak but last night the computer said I could use it to sent them straight to the folder I want ed them to go. Which was a lot easier and quicker (it's the window type thing you use when you want to copy cd's)
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by rob View Post
What I was doing was using the Casio program but they kept on getting lost so to speak but last night the computer said I could use it to sent them straight to the folder I want ed them to go. Which was a lot easier and quicker (it's the window type thing you use when you want to copy cd's)
Yes I know what you mean - a thing usually pops up and asks what you want windows to do - I can't understand why it isn't popping up when you plug your camera in.

Try downloading this free adobe photoshop starter edition and then your photos should automatically just all go to there then.

http://www.download.com/Adobe-Photos...-10441606.html

Also this is another good free one http://picasa.google.co.uk/
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I use xp and no need for the camera softwear. As soon as I plug in camera it opens a box with the folder from camera complete with any pics I've taken. Just a case of moving them from there to wherever ya want em "my pics" etc
That's what happened last night Ian but to-day no way will it work
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Yes I know what you mean - a thing usually pops up and asks what you want windows to do - I can't understand why it isn't popping up when you plug your camera in.

Try downloading this free adobe photoshop starter edition and then your photos should automatically just all go to there then.

http://www.download.com/Adobe-Photos...-10441606.html

Also this is another good free one http://picasa.google.co.uk/
Thanks Foxy I'll try that later when I calmed down a lot
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Thanks Foxy I'll try that later when I calmed down a lot
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Windows will not be able to pick up your camera if either of them are not either pluged in or switched on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >