Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I didnt say that - i got what i intended, made you think

Yes you made me think how I could write my posts in simpler terms for you so that you could understand.

So using BIG letters in BOLD makes it easier for you to grasp.

Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes you made me think how I could write my posts in simpler terms for you so that you could understand.

So using BIG letters in BOLD makes it easier for you to grasp.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.....
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 06:53 PM
I was frequently involved in taking nice dogs that had literally no where to go---all the rescues were full and then you start looking at staff to take dogs home to free kennels or volunteers who can maybe do it.

It is how I aquired Coo----everywhere was full. Other old dogs I took because they would not find homes easily and the kennels were needed for strays----or the strays would be pts.

Meanwhile in the kennels were dogs who were never going to find a home and who were sometimes downright dangerous.

If you get involved in rescue you end up acting as god and making life/death decisions. It is why burn out is frequent and stress prevelant. If you care it hurts.

rune
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I
Meanwhile in the kennels were dogs who were never going to find a home and who were sometimes downright dangerous.

If you get involved in rescue you end up acting as god and making life/death decisions. It is why burn out is frequent and stress prevelant. If you care it hurts.
Absolutely, and then to add insult to injury, you get people who have NO idea of the issues haranguing you for having a dog PTS as "no dog is born bad" and "all dogs can be made better with love" etc.

I am glad that they have not had to deal with some of these dogs but also frustrated at the same time at their total lack of imagination and the trite phrases they come out with as though people recommend destruction on a whim.....................
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I was frequently involved in taking nice dogs that had literally no where to go---all the rescues were full and then you start looking at staff to take dogs home to free kennels or volunteers who can maybe do it.

It is how I aquired Coo----everywhere was full. Other old dogs I took because they would not find homes easily and the kennels were needed for strays----or the strays would be pts.

rune
Sadly your last two paragraphs are symbolic. Mans inhumanity to his fellow creatures.....
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Absolutely, and then to add insult to injury, you get people who have NO idea of the issues haranguing you for having a dog PTS as "no dog is born bad" and "all dogs can be made better with love" etc.

I am glad that they have not had to deal with some of these dogs but also frustrated at the same time at their total lack of imagination and the trite phrases they come out with as though people recommend destruction on a whim.....................
Oh well you know my life through & through with dogs & rescue, who am i to argue with the "great always right SB" (not)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Oh well you know my life through & through with dogs & rescue, who am i to argue with the "great always right SB" (not)
Oh, I did not realise that my post had anything to do with you?

I must have missed (yet again) where I mentioned your name or addressed you in this post?

Or where I said that I know you "through and through with dogs and rescue".

In fact looking through my post I can see absolutely NO mention of you. Or is that the PROBLEM?

ROFLMAO PMPL
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2011, 07:19 PM
you really are an unpleasant egocentric person, at times, SB.

in all honesty, on that other forum when you and denis uses to have your marathon oneupmanship threads, twas almost like you were the same person, the style being so alike...even down to the provocative dismissive ROTFLMAO etc etc stuff.

for all the advancement away from negative to positive training for dogs, it never ceases to amaze me how the attitude to the people has not changed with the times along with it.

i still see Barbara Woodhouse and Cesar Milan when i encounter some great reward based dog trainers.

why are some dog trainers like this?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Oh, I did not realise that my post had anything to do with you?

I must have missed (yet again) where I mentioned your name or addressed you in this post?

Or where I said that I know you "through and through with dogs and rescue".

In fact looking through my post I can see absolutely NO mention of you. Or is that the PROBLEM?

ROFLMAO PMPL
What does PMPL mean - or shouldnt i ask?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
you really are an unpleasant egocentric person, at times, SB.

why are some dog trainers like this?
Ditto why are some rescue people like thiis?
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »