Our sister sites
Our sister sites
superhero
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2014, 06:13 AM

Anxiety About Vet

Hello,

Recently I've had to leave my little puppy at the vet's office overnight for dehydration treatment (she's been sick). And while I'm very relieved to know she's getting the treatment, I'm also very nervous in leaving her with the vet. I suppose it's just nerves. Especially since the last vet I ever left an animal with ended up dying at the hospital. And after reading reviews, it seemed that his practices weren't exactly up to par. Meaning several people who had the same problem with their dogs, took them to the vet I had went to, and ended up loosing the animal due to his possible lack of knowledge or whatnot. Anyway, that left a scar.

Should I be worried? The vet seems very nice and well educated. I've read reviews on the man and most seems pleased.

I just worry about my baby.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 06:56 AM
It's natural to be worried, I don't suppose that any of us are ever worry free when we leave our beloved animals at the vet, but, the fact is that more animals will leave the vet healthier than they went in than the other way around.

All you can do is just wait and see, keep yourself busy, sleep if you can and wait for the call in the morning to find out how your pup is.

I hope all goes well.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-06-2014, 08:15 AM
This is not the same vet Sara - trust him with your bubbie and try to relax.

I send all best wishes to her [and to you] that she comes home fit and well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2014, 12:40 PM
It's natural to worry. Heck, I worry when one of my kids (and they're all gown up now) is in hospital and I have to leave 'em there

If you trust the vet, it's very likely to be the best place for your dog to be until recovered enough for TLC at home x