Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 07:46 AM

Dog Scootering?

It's something I've been thinking about for a while, I've taken Cooper out bikejoring style on the bike but the seat really hurts my bum
I'm thinking a scooter might be an easier on the bum option and I can put my feet on the ground easily (I have visions of him suddenly veering to the side when on the bike and me falling off).

My only issue is that as I am a bit of a fat lump I might need 2 dogs to pull me and I'm only allowed the one at the moment

Has anyone tried scootering and how did your dog take to it?
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 01:44 PM
I read the title and thought you meant scootering as in emptying anal glands!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Some one i know is starting to do scootering with her two NI's she wrote a bit for our newsletter about getting them started. Next time we met up will bring it with for you to have a read x
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I have never done it, but it sure sounds fun! I am going to try the bikejoring with my Ollie when he is old enough
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Sounds like great fun! My mental image of it is it all going horribly wrong though and being dragged off sideways into the horizon!
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I had a scooter for a while. The dogs took to it really easily. To start with OH went ahead on his bike and the dogs followed. They soon got the hang of it and we could go by ourselves.

I personally much prefer the bike. I use a springer on each side and can take two dogs at a time. On the bike I feel alot more in control and also if the dogs get tired a scooter takes some moving on your own!!

Have you tried a gel seat on your bike?

Have a great time if you do go for a scooter they are good fun
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I've got one dog that loves the scooter & one that prefers the bike (attached via springer). Both together on the scooter is suicidal for me, had a few close shaves! Even with one dog I run with the brakes on a touch for the first few minutes until his pace settles & attach the gangline to my belt & not the brushbow. I had an incident when I came off & the dog & scooter carried on going Luckily neither of us were hurt, just glad no-one saw!
Great fun though, enjoy it
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm just looking into this now and I fancy the scootering rather than bikejoring. I've taken my dogs free running alongside my bike and Flynn is always barking at me to catch up because he runs faster than I can pedal so i'm thinking he'd love scootering. He's very erratic and wild so thats why I trust a scooter rather than risk breaking myself and my expensive bike!
daisys-mum
New Member!
Female 

23-09-2012, 08:05 PM
scooters are loads of fun..... just make sure your dog knows your commands before attaching to the scooter lol...... fingers crossed i will be getting my second dog to help daisy pull very soon xxx