Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2010, 09:47 AM
[
Originally Posted by boredinstroud View Post
I think your mum is right DD and it is slightly disappointing that the KC is not championing breeders who take this kind of care with going beyond the minimum requirements.
I dont understand how you are disappointed in the KC, they have said they are happy to accommodate them, so why be disappointed.

DD is a member of her breed club, she surely understands the procedure in these things, just raise it at the next meeting.

TBH, not really sure DD of your gripe,
boredinstroud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Jackbox & Smokeybear, you are right, as I don't really understand the whole process, just would have thought the KC would be actively encouraging breed clubs to impose health testing rules nstead of saying 'fine but leave it up to the breed club'. A case of who guards the guards maybe? Anyhow, it's really not my scene so sorry for misunderstanding.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
There are plenty of people who for example eye test breeds which are not on Schedule A or B. The breed supplements are full of them.

A breed club consists of members who vote in the committee members etc. If any member(s) feel strongly about something they propose and get a seconder for it to be on the agenda at the AGM.

The proposal is then voted on.

I am sure you have read insinuations about lots of things, but clubs have to be run according to the KC rules and this is how things work, if enough members want something it will happen, if insufficient members want it, it fails.

Simple!
I get all that and havent once said I dont understand how it all works - I do.
I just said I think it unfair that not ALL healtht tests are registered onto the site from ALL dogs. I just feel once the tests are done they should be submitted regardless - you dont have to agree, its my opinion!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2