View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Beauty 9-18 Mths Long haired German Shepherd.

Beauty 9-18 Mths Long haired German Shepherd.

Beauty has been an absolute joy to foster. She has oodles of personality and has clearly had a good basic training. I cannot work out why anyone would not want to keep her so I can only imagine it was financial.

We collected Beauty on Saturday and after a brief walk in the woods she was into the back of the car and lying down like she'd travelled with us all of her life.

When we got home she had a thorough sniff of all the nooks and crannies in the house and garden. (I had checked any possible escape routes.) She was so well behaved it was like she had come home. Everything from feeding time, asking to go out and walking was easy with Beauty, although she pulls a little on the lead.

By the time evening came and we sat down to watch telly, Beauty was lying with her head resting on my feet and snoozing contentedly. She is such a loving and friendly dog. She made sure everyone was there and always checked they were ok when they returned to the room. Herding nature!

At bedtime she laid by the kitchen door (I left the radio on very quietly for her) and she gave me a huge welcome (hugs and licks) in the morning to be let out. I have to confess, I was quite worried she might have investigated the furniture, books, cables or carpet with her teeth or left a gift or two in the room, but she had just slept and behaved herself perfectly.
She was so good, she didn't even make a noise until the next day when she answered next door's spaniel who heard the Rag & Bone man! Good bark to scare off unwanted visitors..

I haven't got room to write everything down that was endearing and indeed "beautiful" about Beauty. All I can tell you is that if I could find a way for her to be homed with a family that can give her the time, love and exercise she should have I'd be a very happy foster dad. Letting her back into the kennel at the rescue on Monday night was like having a piece of me removed! She was fine, as Ros had given her a nice bone to focus on, but I'm still missing her. Gorgeous dog.

@ Animal Helpline.Cambridgeshire based rescue
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:28 AM
She is really Gorgeous hope she find her forever home
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Not tempted to join the FF club then?
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Awwwwww she is lovely!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Beauty by name, beauty by nature it seems. What a shame for this lovely dog. So hope she gets rehomed soon.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Oh wow - she is gorgeous! I can't see her waiting for long
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

19-04-2012, 08:31 PM
That is an excellent dog