register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Lovely walks today and a very long play on the field with the gel balls. No Muppets to disturb us either, I kept my eyes peeled and also fitted some to the back of my head, but not needed. Makes so much difference, they must have run miles chasing each other round. Brought them to the side and gave them a good tidy up, Kesh is a nightmare as she loves to stand in the rain, so you can imagine what that was like, did a lot of it, will do more tomorrow, the others were fairly easy though
Sun is out and fairly warm here at 12 degrees, no wooly hat or gloves needed. Been to the post office, which drives me daft, they are so bluddy rude. I bought some of the polybags to put presents in, took them to a counter and the guy was saying something I couldn't make head or tail of at all. Someone in queue that had rapidly built up behind me eventually volunteered the info that he was saying cash only and I had my card out. Soooo went to the main counter then, who then said to me (when I eventually got to the one person serving) that I should go to the OTHER counter, bit my tongue and was polite and said I had been turned away. She then left her place and went off to that counter, so no idea why, but came back and then I was able to pay by my card. WHY have people who have absolutely no command of the English language in ENGLAND behind a counter. I have been to India and Sri Lanka and both countries could speak excellent English, despite the fact they had every right not to. So do they send the non English speaking ones over here to infuriate me, answers on a postcard please
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 01:31 PM
It worked Brenda!!!!! well done you lol
Hmmmm this talk of learning to drive...hangs head in shame, i don't have a licence, i did start learning but the guy was a complete spanner so told him to do one and didn't bother finding a new instructor...that isn't to say that i can't drive, i used to do some of the cars at work so in an absolute emergency i could do if needed and take the driving with no licence insurance etc rap. To be honest, in all honesty i doubt i could afford to learn now and then theres a car, insurance tax...no chance, would be so handy for me too
TW, i have no idea what is up with people and companies now, i avoided the post office all together this week and printed postage online!!!! cuppa in one hand and laptop and printer, no going out in the rain, no eejits to avoid or to try and talk too Lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Well that is Sue's old laptop Apple Macbook repaired. Now I just fitted a new track pad. I am really annoyed when the shop people had it for repair the returned a hard drive that wasn't for that machine. It went back for a new fan first ime as the existing one was noisy to PC world .(something I think I may well have been able to fix)
They changed the hard drive (didn't need changing) which they sent back the first they could get hold of which wasn't the correct or same one.

Last Sunday Sue took it to Apple store for a replacement trackpad and yet another shop is a big con saying it could not be fixed.

Strange I have replaced it and never even looked inside a laptop before
It really pisses me off when so called experts are outright con artists and don't even know how to fix their own products.

There must be something seriously lacking with what Apple are teaching in their training program.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Rads done. Would have been quicker but we kept nattering and looking at old photos of past cars owned by my family. He loves old cars and collects them. He has gone now so have had something to eat and tidied up. Now watching silly film on CH.4 have a good afternoon peeps.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Well done Tumbleweed, it bugs me too the way people just rip people off now, me, steve and my aunty had this discussion the other week....workmen don't seem to want to do a decent job and get repeat business or personal recommendations anymore. For instance, her new neighbours had trees taken out, my aunty had a couple removed too, the neighbours then whipped the fence out and had someone in to fit a new one, the fence is wobbly, he damaged my auntys existing fence and said nothing and then the new fence ended up buried about 2 foot in trench, his reasoning? otherwise there would be a step...duhhhh level the ground first!!! my auntys lovely garden is wrecked, the new guy next door doesn't seem to understand that a panel sat in mud will rot very quickly indeed....his theory is the posts will go first??? how the heck he works that out none of us are too sure
Brenda, is it a christmas film?? everywhere seems to be flippin christmas films at the moment...ahhhhhhh
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Watched Doctors and it was their version of Christmas Carol and I was actually mesmerised, enjoyed it greatly, which was totally unexpected.
I am so glad I've got the little local garage that are really good and have found some local people to do jobs. Nigel can be a bit of a one, but his heart's in the right place. Will be relieved when Alun's conservatory nightmare finishes and he can start on the kennel.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Arggghhh my b****y BiL left the gate open, even after I said SHUT the gate and Lukie dog escaped.
Brian went chasing after him, luckily he went straight home, only about 100 yards but across a main road. He was growling and snarling at Brian. He managed to get the lead on him and he came back as good as gold then
The dinner is all prepared and I am having "5 mins"
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Jenny, you can breathe a sigh of relief then. I hope you enjoyed your five minutes. Just walked Amber and am now frozen and yet it is not as cold as it has been.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 04:56 PM
OMG Nippy!!!! i think i would have died first of all and then murdered BIL!!! my dad is a s*d for going to the bin and leaving the back gate open, i go mental at him and he says"it's o.k, they won't go anywhere"! now that was true of my old dogs, neither would set foot outside the gate, both would pop their head round the gate post but this pair, particularly Deags would be off like a shot after a blowing leaf Lol
Steves boiler isn't fixed, they have to order a part apparently, i asked how old the boiler was and he said old....it is a HA property, i thought they would be putting a new one in...apparently not
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Sounds like some have been having day of it.
Glad the little yorkie escapade turned out well and oust office traumas.
Mark drove us into Wisbech earlier for a look around a drink out. Coffee and tea not alcoholic.
He drives like he has been driving all his life not 3 months and passing at 35.

My fireplace decorated for Christmas and a few other decs.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161214_162102793.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	5336   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161214_162109665.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	5337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161214_162115052.jpg
Views:	60