Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
handsome Jake, he looks like 'robodog' in the first one tho! lol.
imo he isnt lean,but just right! alot of pet dogs carry too much weight!
lol thanks, so would he need to be thinner to be lean??

i get annoyed with a guy in the park coz everytime i see him, he tells me how skinny jake is and that i need to feed him more... then i look down at his barrel of a JRT
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
lol thanks, so would he need to be thinner to be lean??

i get annoyed with a guy in the park coz everytime i see him, he tells me how skinny jake is and that i need to feed him more... then i look down at his barrel of a JRT
lol take no notice,i regulaly get told my gsd needs feeding (21kg white sibe)

imo Jake is not skinny
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
lol take no notice,i regulaly get told my gsd needs feeding (21kg white sibe)

imo Jake is not skinny
lol, thanks

some people have no clue! i never knew you had a GSD

ive had a few people thinking jake is a full BC...
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 11:54 PM
i totally agree with layla. jake is not skinny, he looks like a healthy young dog to me.

dylan, who is anywhere between 12 and 14, would also be classed as lean i guess. the facts are that he is sticking 2 fingers up to leukemia and looks like a dog half his age!

lily has recently started having a spoonful of chappie mixed with her puppy kibble and she is 6 and a half months.

you're doing good lozzi. jake is a credit to you!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
i totally agree with layla. jake is not skinny, he looks like a healthy young dog to me.

dylan, who is anywhere between 12 and 14, would also be classed as lean i guess. the facts are that he is sticking 2 fingers up to leukemia and looks like a dog half his age!

lily has recently started having a spoonful of chappie mixed with her puppy kibble and she is 6 and a half months.

you're doing good lozzi. jake is a credit to you!
aw, dylan is a gorgeous boy! and he definitely doesnt look as old as that.

aw, thanks jake is a good boy, im so lucky to be the one who found him... its weird to think i couldve so easily ended up with a different dog... so so glad i didnt, i wouldnt be without my boy now!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
aw, dylan is a gorgeous boy! and he definitely doesnt look as old as that.

aw, thanks jake is a good boy, im so lucky to be the one who found him... its weird to think i couldve so easily ended up with a different dog... so so glad i didnt, i wouldnt be without my boy now!
thank you! i know what you mean. i look at my 2 and sometimes think what their lives might have been like if we hadn't met. it makes me shudder!

my friend owned dylan before i did and she very nearly gave him back to the rescue center about 6 months before i took him off her. i do believe in fate and i'm so glad i convinced her not to as things would have turned out very differently.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2009, 01:09 AM
One tin of adult chow isn't going to hurt any dog. I think some adult chows may have excessive calcium which wouldn't be good for a young large breed puppy. Your dog may be old enough to excrete excess calcium. Younger ones can't.

It is a well proven practice to switch large breeds to adult chow, or more correctly an all life stages food. I expect to run out of the 35 pound bag of growth formula I am feeding our 8 week old just before she turns 4 months. As it gets low, I will start mixing in adult. Any food must be less than 1.5% calcium for a young large breed.

Puppy chows are richer than adult chows, formulated for maximum growth. Fast growth, along with over weight puts too much stress on developing joints.
annmarie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2009, 09:11 AM
morning Lauren tux is 19 months n jake looks good in them pics i will post 1 of Talia later for you to see she is a skinny minnie n she is two
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Jake is not skinny, he is a growing boy, they are putting a lot into growing, IMO if the young ones are exercised it can be hard for them to get fat (unless massive overfeeding). Just smile at the numpty and tell him Jake is not allowed food he is an oxygenarian
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
thank you! i know what you mean. i look at my 2 and sometimes think what their lives might have been like if we hadn't met. it makes me shudder!

my friend owned dylan before i did and she very nearly gave him back to the rescue center about 6 months before i took him off her. i do believe in fate and i'm so glad i convinced her not to as things would have turned out very differently.
yeah, i know what you mean. when i picked jake, there were 3 others left in the litter. im just so glad the people who picked there pups first, didnt pick him. he was the only one for me though, i wanted a boy and he was the livliest and most friendly out of the 2 boys, so i just had to pick him!

Originally Posted by Labman View Post
One tin of adult chow isn't going to hurt any dog. I think some adult chows may have excessive calcium which wouldn't be good for a young large breed puppy. Your dog may be old enough to excrete excess calcium. Younger ones can't.

It is a well proven practice to switch large breeds to adult chow, or more correctly an all life stages food. I expect to run out of the 35 pound bag of growth formula I am feeding our 8 week old just before she turns 4 months. As it gets low, I will start mixing in adult. Any food must be less than 1.5% calcium for a young large breed.

Puppy chows are richer than adult chows, formulated for maximum growth. Fast growth, along with over weight puts too much stress on developing joints.
thanks, jake will be medium sized i think. he is 21in just now, so think he will stay medium sized. he is BCxGSD so its difficult to know lol but i just have him on puppy food, but not the large breed stuff.

Originally Posted by annmarie View Post
morning Lauren tux is 19 months n jake looks good in them pics i will post 1 of Talia later for you to see she is a skinny minnie n she is two
thanks

Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Jake is not skinny, he is a growing boy, they are putting a lot into growing, IMO if the young ones are exercised it can be hard for them to get fat (unless massive overfeeding). Just smile at the numpty and tell him Jake is not allowed food he is an oxygenarian
thanks, yeah i know what you mean. lots of energy for growing and for zoomies
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >