Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 03:28 PM

help for pmt

i bet im not the only one who suffers from this i can be a nightmere for a week im like a bear with a sore head and i dont mean it , but i can be so so moody , snappy and very tearfull and its driving us all mad ive been to the dr and was told exercise ! yea right when im like it i haven the energy to exercies , apart from the pill [ o/h had his bits chopped so i didn have to go on the pill ] is there any thing else you have tried that works ????
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 03:42 PM
evening primroese oil capsules, take a couple of months to kick in but they're great
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 03:46 PM
ok anythind is worth a bash thanks i will get some
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I went through everything there was to try, EPO, B6 St John's Wort, etc. and gave them all a good go. The only thing that has worked well and about 95% well is Prozac! I only take it for two weeks out of four and can honestly say that it changed my life and my marriage!!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 07:41 PM
really prozac ??? well im amazed at that working but if works for you great , im just shocked that works for that xxx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:13 PM
I have really bad pmt too so I would be interested to know what works My oh is used to it now and just takes it in his stride
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:14 PM
its like a strange feeling over me i no i being horrid but cant help it !!!
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Hello. Just thought I would let you know about some of the herbal remedies available for treating PMT symptoms. According to a book I have from my days in the health food shop the best herbs to try are red clover, agnus castus, black cohosh and wild yam. (not at same time though!) All of these herbs are said to 'normalise' female hormonal balance. I have tried agnus castus in the past, but didn't feel much of an improvement.

I do sympathise with you, it's awful to only feel like yourself for 2 weeks per month!

Hope you find something which works for you.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
its like a strange feeling over me i no i being horrid but cant help it !!!

Yes me too
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:16 AM
I get severe PMT so bad I lose my temper to extremes. Ive had it from day 1 of starting my periods and even after years of trying to get my doctors to hel, they saying the usual try tablets & diet, bananas etc etc, nothing worked. I wrote to the Cromwell Hospital in London, I was so desperate my sypmtoms were causing such a strain at home. They were very concerned with me and offered me a placement to go down and for them to do tests. Well I live in the North East it was too far, I would of prefered them to put my doctor to task.
Most think its something in our heads as not all women suffer. I had a series of IVF treatments to get pregnant and I didnt need a pregnancy test to tell me I wasnt pregnant my temper was my confirmation.
I wouldnt wish PMT on anyone its horrendous, I suffer bad bloating, heavy periods which last a full week and usually on the first day could curl up in a ball and die.
I feel for you all who have it, but after 23 years Im still waiting for a cure. Yoga helps me these days with the cramps etc, and i think you would have to eat a million bananas before you would get any eleviation from the symptoms.
Im eager to see if anyone has any miracles they can share.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >