Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 05:44 PM

Paypal help please - urgent

Need some help please with Paypay, I've never used it. Dave is putting a deposit down for a car, but only wants to put £100 and the car is worth £15K. He's used his Paypal account before but only for buying a whole car or something on eBay and doesn't know how to do this one? I told him there MUST be an option somewhere to just put in how much you are giving the bloke, where you can put just £100 instead of £15K??? I think it's on eBay this car. I don't want this bloke to organise it and then just take Dave's paypal number or anything like that otherwise he could well take the whole lot! I don't trust anyone remember!!! Any guidance please from anyone who has done this sort of thing before would be very much appreciated for complete beginners! Thanks!

The reason being he hasn't seen the car yet coz it's a 3 hour car journey away, but he wants it secured till next Saturday when he can go up!
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 05:51 PM
If you have the seller's e-mail address, log in to paypal and click on the 'send money' tab at the top of the screen. This will then ask you to enter the email address of the recipient and allow you to choose an amount/currency etc.

I'd be wary of paying a deposit on a car I hadn't seen though but that's another matter I suppose

HTH
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Ask the person selling it to send an invoice for the amount you would like to pay ... Or find out the address for the bloke, the one that accepts paypal payments and just send a payment rather that pay via invoice
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I think paypal is meant to be rather safe, but like has already been said, get some details of the man and see if he can email you an invoice with the amount you need to pay on it? Keep us informed, sorry if not much help.xxx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 05:57 PM
There is a info on the motor home page look for check lists about buying a car and it does say if you press buy then you commit to pay the whole amount if you don't they can take legal action. They do advise you to go and see the vehicle before the auction ends and before you place a bid.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks Shaynlola He's just spoken to the guy now and he said that's what he must do!Don't worry about the other thing, Dave knows what he's doing there, and this is after 3 months of searching for the most powerful thing on 4 wheels it's over 500 bhp, so I think it's when he gets it home I need to start worrying!!! Nahh, Dave's a good driver I do know that much!

Thanks Saz, sorted! and thanks for being so quick too!

Thanks flowisp He sounds legit on the phone, very well spoken etc. (not that that means much nowadays! )Dave said if he was answered with an "ello mate" and screaming kids in the background he wouldn't feel quite so safe about it!!! Trouble is, it's right up in Bedfordshire, but it's the car for him A nice little AMG C32 Merc which has been seriously "got at" as he puts it! Lol! Meanwhile, I'm still in tatty old dogmobile You wait till you get married that'll happen to you too!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks Heather, but he's not doing anything on eBay at the moment, he's doing this purely through Paypal with this bloke's e-mail address. I'm sure it's safe....... The bloke does sound genuine, and he's told him everything he needs to know, plus of course he's only parting with £100 till he see's it, whereas me, if I really wanted it, I'd buy it without even seeing it, if the colour ws right of course!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 06:04 PM
just to put your mind at rest- mu hubby bought his M5 off ebay - he paid a deposit - FLEW down to london and then bought the car a few days later . so there are SOME trustworthy peeps in the world !!!!

also should say that he sold his other M5 ( yes i know why have one car when you can have two !!MEN) on ebay too and the same procedure as he sold it to someone down south and it was arranged to drive the car down to them......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
just to put your mind at rest- mu hubby bought his M5 off ebay - he paid a deposit - FLEW down to london and then bought the car a few days later . so there are SOME trustworthy peeps in the world !!!!

also should say that he sold his other M5 ( yes i know why have one car when you can have two !!MEN) on ebay too and the same procedure as he sold it to someone down south and it was arranged to drive the car down to them......
Lol at that bit Dani!!! I think they know when a fellow petrolhead sounds legit! Your o/h would like the spec on this Merc, I'm sure of that! Here it is he can take a look and give his comment! Were you driving a dogmobile too whilst he had 2 M5's then???

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/426745.htm
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol at that bit Dani!!! I think they know when a fellow petrolhead sounds legit! Your o/h would like the spec on this Merc, I'm sure of that! Here it is he can take a look and give his comment! Were you driving a dogmobile too whilst he had 2 M5's then???

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/426745.htm

hello H - he aint in just now, so cant give his comment.

But yes I had and have the dogmobile...
I made him sell one of the M's before we had Luca as it was just ridiculous, and his other one has been in storage since he was born - but is about to be brought out - and get this, will need to post a piccy but he went o ut and bought a little ride on car for luca - yes you guessed it an BMW M5 - the same colour as his - it has lights that go on and off, indicators and an illuminated dashboard !!!!LOL

boys and their toys !!!!!

think this is a bit little for Dave

will post a piccy with luca on it later !!!
https://shop.bmwgroup.com/is-bin/INT...econdCurrency=
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >