View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 03:20 PM
well thats me told if it was only one breeder maybe and the clubs a joke I have said all along that I agree there are good and bad but from where I sit the ones that I have contacted are bad they dont want to know thankfully not all dog breeders are the same must just be the ones that I have had dealings with I cant comment on other breeds but in boxer welfare we are like a bad smell under the breeders nose and they do not want to know if there any boxer breeders that are not like this please feel free to give me a call and offer your help
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
I am not against rehoming brood bitches if it is done properly by the breeder.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by scottish boxer
well thats me told if it was only one breeder maybe and the clubs a joke
SB I am not a 'boxer person' but I am sure there must be many excellent boxer breeders out there and it should not be a 'them and us' situation between the breeders and your breed rescue. Most of you will have the good of your breed formost in your minds. If any think one of your number is doing wrong use your anger and do something constructive. Make some excuse to look at the kennels, see what is going on, if there really is a problem there get proof/take pictures/ lobby your breed club or go to the press ... believe me, it is surprising what you can do if you are determined
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 06:52 PM
the breed club know exactly how boxer welfare feels about them and I have as you suggested already contacted the kennel club and several dog mags on facts that are known and also because I have been lucky enough to have been given written records the kennel club at least are investigating on our behalf .
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-02-2005, 07:42 PM
the breed club know exactly how boxer welfare feels about them and I have as you suggested already contacted the kennel club and several dog mags on facts that are known and also because I have been lucky enough to have been given written records the kennel club at least are investigating on our behalf .
Well there you go then its not all bad news and it just goes to show a little action does achieve something sometimes , you are doing a great job there from the sound of it So..if this Breeder is so unpleasant and in your area go and sniff him out, that is what I would do if it involved my breed After all people like him give all breeders an undeserved bad reputation
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 07:57 AM
I ONLY WISH IT WAS ONLY THE ONE BUT AS YOU SAY SNIFF THEM OUT ,WHICH I AM DOING AS I SEE IT THERE IS NO POINT IN SITTING ON MY BUM COMPLAINING AND NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT HOW I AND LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE WORKING ALONG SIDE ME FEEL SO YOU NEVER KNOW THERE MAY BE A GOOD OUTCOME SOMETIMES ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS WE SHALL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE FINGERS CROSSED
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 08:50 AM
we are not all like that!!!!!! my girls will stay here with me till they go to the bridge...............
so no worries no one will ever need to home mine,
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 10:13 AM
the clubs a joke
Well we have a good relationship with the Scottish Staffie Club and North of Scotland Staffie Club. I let myself be known to people. I go to as many shows as I can with my stall. We are always invited to all the club shows. You can get a diary of Scottish shows from SKC and it lists all shows. I write alot of letters asking if I can bring my stall some say yes some no. The ones that say no I ask if I can come along and had out leaflets. It's not about making money when I go to the shows. If I can make some from selling my wares then fine but if I only make £10 then I see that as £10 more than we had this morning. But if I can let 1 more person realise that we exist then that £10 can feel like thousands. Going back about 5-10 years some people that were involved in one of the clubs didn't like the rescue and bad mouthed us as often as they could. They saw rescue as taking away possible homes that they could have put a pup in. Thankfully that's not the case now. Even if , when at shows, if no one wants to buy anything the banter than we have with a lot of the breeders is good.
There was a breeder a few years ago that I felt we were getting quite a few of their pups in due to behaviour problems and I reported them to KC . They were breeding 2 of their girls every season. Just too much. Don't know what the outcome was though.
Tracie
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5