Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Good news then
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Awww...sorry for you but I'm sure he'll be fine.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2005, 06:55 PM
thats great news

Good luck Otis is your new home.
sylvester
New Member!

20-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Otis came back to me - turns out he can't cope without our other dog. He was OK when he was with the people who took him but was badly behaved when theyleft him.

Iwas shocked as he doesn't mis-behave at home.....

He's come back to us now, good to have hime back! House is hectic an alive again! my other dog isn't too happy though...
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 09:30 AM
but was badly behaved when theyleft him
do the other people not realise he needs time to settle in ?
Poor otis- hope things are ok for you all
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2005, 05:39 PM
If you find that they still cannot live together could you not rehome Max since he is the one who wants the quiet life?I know you say he is the 'aggressor but its only towards the other dog in his house....would he not be ok in a one dog house hold?
Good luck whatever you decide!
sylvester
New Member!

21-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Max would probably be an easier dog to settle into a new home - he's ultra intelligent, hes extremely well trained and perfectly behaved.......here comes the but....... he hates children. I can garuntee that he'll never come into contact with kids but I wouldn't trust anyone else with him (he was teased badly when he was younger before I got him - poor lad)

I really don't know what to do for the best

They had Otis for 2 nights. He was fine but they left him for 4 hours (I think) while they went to work. He doesn't like being on his own. But he was very settled there in fact when I went to collect him he was like the model dog! I couldn't believe how well behaved he was, he greeted me and fussed a litle bit, then he went and got back in his bed that they'd bought for him, at my house when someone comes in it is manic 2 bouncing staffies competing for attention!

He also did a pee in their house which didn't go down well

He's not had a mistake since he's come home though.

I really am put off about rehoming him again - I just don't know what to do for the best.... It was stressful for me and I don't wnt to keep shipping him out everywhere

It is good to have him back , but I don't feel he has a quality of life here, and certainly after seeing the diffrence in him after only 2 days away I'm sure it's the best thing to re-home him. Even my other dog was happier. I don't know what to do............
sylvester
New Member!

21-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Max would probably be an easier dog to settle into a new home - he's ultra intelligent, hes extremely well trained and perfectly behaved.......here comes the but....... he hates children. I can garuntee that he'll never come into contact with kids but I wouldn't trust anyone else with him (he was teased badly when he was younger before I got him - poor lad)

They had Otis for 2 nights. He was fine but they left him for 4 hours (I think) while they went to work. He doesn't like being on his own. But he was very settled there in fact when I went to collect him he was like the model dog! I couldn't believe how well behaved he was, he greeted me and fussed a litle bit, then he went and got back in his bed that they'd bought for him, at my house when someone comes in it is manic 2 bouncing staffies competing for attention!

I really am put off about rehoming him again - I just don't know what to do for the best.... It was stressful for me and I don't wnt to keep shipping him out everywhere

It is good to have him back , but I don't feel he has a quality of life here, and certainly after seeing the diffrence in him after only 2 days away I'm sure it's the best thing to re-home him. Even my other dog was happier. I don't know what to do............
lise
New Member!

14-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by sylvester

hi there did you get them the snip that may work it did with my 2 boys hope it all works out lise
sylvester
New Member!

16-02-2005, 06:37 PM
i've actually tried herbal medicine! doing great now!thanks

deb :P
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >