View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sylvester
New Member!

14-01-2005, 09:38 PM

Black Staffie 2 years old

It is with great regret that I make this post. I’m fighting back the tears as I type.

I have two beautiful Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Max who is 5 years old (Brindle) and Otis who is 2 years old (Black). (Ottis is on the left in both pictures)

My boys lived happily together for the first 18months when Otis came home, but recently they just haven’t been getting along. Max has become more and more aggressive towards Otis and it is getting unbearable for the dogs and unbearable for me to see.

I’ve tried everything but unfortunately nothing seems to stop Max aggressing. I know that one of them needs to be re-homed as they can’t stay together. I feel that with Max being the aggressor he is less suited for re-homing so I am now asking if anyone has a loving home for my beautiful boy Otis.

He is a stunning dog and is still growing, he isn’t fully mature yet, he knows simple commands like sit & paw, he doesn’t chew unless he’s given something, he constantly wags his tail and licks everyone to death! He’s just about the happiest dog you’re ever likely to meet! He is neutered, and he loves going on long walks, he’s a fantastic swimmer but you need to be careful! He’s like the energizer bunny! He just keeps going & going! You have to distract him with a stick to get him back once he’s in the water! (he must have been a duck in a former life) He is so affectionate! I just adore him and I know anyone who re-homes him will love him just as much!

Of course there are two sides to every coin. He walks on the lead but is easily distracted and he will pull if he thinks there is something more interesting in another direction, He is very boisterous as Staffies are and although he is fine with children, he is an extremely strong dog and should not be walked by them, he is also very likely to knock them over in play, so maybe very small children would not be a good idea. He gets very excited around new people and will literally jump all over them for the first 10 minutes. He needs a home where he is not left alone for long periods of time, he is not destructive as long as he has toys & hide bones to chew, but he really does pine. I don’t profess to be perfect and he will require some training although we get by fine with what he knows!

I think this dog is wonderful. Doing this is one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, but I know it’s for his own good & for the right reasons, my life won’t be the same without my precious boy, but hopefully his will be better. I would like to be in contact with him throughout his life, and so would like to re-home him in the Northwest.

Please contact me if you think you can help, or if you can offer a home yourself. 07900 883755 / deborah.bradshaw@virgin.net
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Sylvester the pictures have gone
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 11:39 AM
I can't see any pictures Sylvester.

Poor you
sylvester
New Member!

15-01-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't understand... I can see them? try right clicking the ittle red x's then click show picture maybe you'll be able to see them then
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 03:34 PM
I could see both earlier but cant see the top one now? although the second is still there
maybe your photobucket is playing up today?
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2005, 04:44 PM
i can see them

i hope you find a home for him soon
sylvester
New Member!

16-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi All!

I met a couple today who have adopted Otis, they seem perfect! and are experienced staffie owners.

Wish Otis luck!

It was heartbreaking to leave him when we came home, but I know I've done the right thing.

They've promised to keep in touch andlet me know howmy baby is doing.

Sylvester x
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2005, 11:53 AM
that is great news

hope it works out
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Awww that's great