Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

26-08-2004, 02:26 PM

RESCUE CHARTER - Coming soon..

Just to let everyone know that we will soon be drawing up a Rescue Charter/Code of Practise that ALL advertising Rescue homes must adhere to. If you have any suggestions for this please feel free to post them here or PM me. Thanks.

In the meantime all prospective buyers are reminded that NONE of the Rescue Homes listed on this site have been vetted by or recommended by Dogweb - you must carry out your own investigations to make sure any such outfit you approach is reputable. A good start is to ask for references, who you can visit.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Azz I've got a contract from the rescue centre that I got Tam from. Will that help u at all?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2004, 06:05 PM
I think Ive got one knocking about somewhere too from the rescue that I sometimes homecheck for .

Anyone taking on a rescue should endeavour to find out as much as possible about the animals history prior to rehoming -
ie: happy to live with other dogs/cats/small furries
suitable to live with children
is the animal vaccinated etc
does the animal have any behavioural issues (destructive/seperation anxiety problems/food intolerances/aggressive towards others/health issues) etc etc

that way you know that both you , your family and the prospective animal are suitable for each other and the animal will not be passed from pillar to post because you may be unaware of certain problems.
Any decent rescue centre will insist that you are homechecked, insist that the animal is neutered/spayed and may require a follow up visit afterwards to ensure there are no problems
corsogirl
Dogsey Junior

27-08-2004, 07:47 AM
We are only small but we have contracts for rescueing fostering
and we home check every time or get another rescue to do it for us if it is miles away, and we take back and we work with our rescues.....
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Animal Concern Cumbria are a registered charity also. I have a copy of their adoption policy if it helps Azz.

I only represent the West Cumbrian Branch as I can personally meet the dogs and know their best characteristics (as well as take photo's). I have no responsibility for the rehoming of any of these dogs which is why I always ask people to phone Linda Lockney if they are interested in a dog.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

27-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah thanks! Please email anything you deem useful to:
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

27-08-2004, 07:34 PM
yeah sure, how big is it? is it possible to scan it?
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2004, 07:49 PM
It's 11,160KB and if I reduce it, you won't be able to read it. Sent it anyhow
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

27-08-2004, 08:15 PM
i didn't get it how many pages is it? ca u send one at a time? sorry to be a pain! if it dont work I'll give u my mailing addy
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Azz
i didn't get it how many pages is it? ca u send one at a time? sorry to be a pain! if it dont work I'll give u my mailing addy
Azz, It has only just finished sending
It's just one page, but was a huge bmp file, sorry
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >