Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
Sorry not been on for a couple of days.

There were some other posts I wanted to quote in relation to the other dogs and the bitch but couldn't be bothered trawling through them all twice so will awnser to the best of my knowledge though no doubt I'll get crap elsewhere for it. The facts as I know them are:

Chief was bred by JK, though he came into NIS rescue with no papers. The bitch he was put too when the origional owners had him was Storm. Storm was bred by Laura of Shadowlands and she took the bitch back. I don't know why Chief didn't go back to JK but instead ended up being fostered by the then rescue co-ordinator Carmen after she had done the 600+ mile round journey to collect them and their pups and drop Storm at Laura's. The 2 pups I think were fostered by someone else until they could be found new homes. One of them did go on to have an accidental litter as at the time I don't think the NIS has any sort of proper spey/neuter policy in place like they do now. The lady that had the accidental litter has been trying hard to find out the pedigree's for the pups but always draws a blank when she hits Chief as Julie can't remember who he is out of any no-one else seems to know either. And clearly if JK is unable to find out then there are no official records of him on the database (well thats my theory anyway).

Whilst Chief is being advertised on 'rescue' sites I do believe he is actually still with the current owners the 'rescues' are just trying to help in finding him a home so he can be re-homed direct from where he is - He is not in a rescue centre!

Yes Nes it was the origional owners who bred them and they kept the pups (well 2 of them at least) from said litter. I can't really remember the reason properly so my facts maybe slightly off here but I 'think' they used to live on a farm or something and the dogs all had lots of land to free roam on, I believe they went bankrupt or something to that effect and were being forced to drastically downsize and therefore would not have had the space in which to keep the dogs as well as struggling financially (I would imagine) which would also make keeping so many dogs difficult. I do believe the dogs were very much loved, very well cared for and spoiled rotten by the original owners and it was a very difficult decision for them to let them go.
Yet in a PM to me, a person who is directly involved in the NIS rescue said:

i have been in contact with the kennels are they are happy to keep him there whilst we both look for a new home for him
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Maybe the situation has changed then Dawn but I do know that when this thread was first started he was still with the owners and if you read the wording on the site that is linked too on the first page it says: He enjoys the company of people and is currently living in a home with 4 female dogs with whom he gets on well.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
If you lot aren't going to help poor Chief find a home in his later days then ****** off his thread and stop destroying his chances.
Did some one forget to tell me that Azz no longer runs the forum!
Bit of a bossy boots huh?

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
why be so defensive? you didnt breed him,and shame on his breeder not helping him.
Agreed!

I can not believe a breeder, would not remember who the parents of her dogs are...Thats disgusting, no wonder there is no much coming to light about fake dogs and pedigrees being used...shame on JK, who ever the vile women is...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Maybe the situation has changed then Dawn but I do know that when this thread was first started he was still with the owners and if you read the wording on the site that is linked too on the first page it says: He enjoys the company of people and is currently living in a home with 4 female dogs with whom he gets on well.
Perhaps it has, however the person who is directly involved told me yesterday, and Rachel said she also rang about it yesterday, who is telling the truth?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:37 PM
To be fair here, I feel very sorry for Kalasin and Velvetvampyre , they just want a nice family pet, I expect if new owners were told the truth from the start puppy sales would be so good!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Who knows that they didnt no the truth from the start? and instead of taking on board what others say, they get defensive and rude...not the type of people to reason with..
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Did some one forget to tell me that Azz no longer runs the forum!
Bit of a bossy boots huh?
Not really just had a bit of an upsetting day.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:58 PM
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 07:02 PM
sorry to hear that, why not take the dog for a nice long walk in some shade, always makes my day
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Storm and Chief + 2 pups = 4!

Unfortunately Nes if they drastically downsized it may be that a new house simply would not be big enough to comfortably fit them in, with which I can sympathize as I had to re-home my 4th (Fifi - stop laughing Dawn!!) for similar reasons. Not forgetting even if they could squish them in if they are having serious financial difficulties it may not be financially viable to keep them especially if their land was the source of their income (lose the land lose the income) and 4 big dogs can cost a fair amount in food alone, not forgetting vets bills and the like. I don't think they took the decision lightly, I really think you are being slightly harsh. We would all like to think that we would be able to keep all of our dogs till the end of their or our days but unfortunately it sometimes just isn't possible.
Perhaps I am expecting too high a standard of care. My dog and cats are my family and I would make sure they stayed with me if anything were to change in our circumstances. Period.
Page 8 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >