Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 04:19 PM

Another Older NID Looking for a New Home

I feel sorry for any dog looking for a new home but obviously these dogs are my chosen 'breed' so I tend to look them up on the net, from time to time.

I came across this girl today. The breed club may wish to look into it, I hope it is ok to put the link here?:

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/rehoming/echo1060638.aspx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 04:32 PM
I may as well add these ones too:

we have a beautiful pedigree northern inuit that desperatly needs rehoming due to circumstances beyond our control.
when we were given him he had never been socialsed or neutered so is complete.
he has problems with other animals so is very difficult to walk as he is very big and strong and is very aggressive towards other dogs.
he is 3 1/2 years old and has his northern inuit pedigree papers.
he is a big alpha male who needs someone who can control him without aggression but firmly. he is very intelligent so can still be trained by the right person.
he will need lots of space to run around and exercise without the distractions of other pets although he is friendly with our elderly femail staffie, although he will defend his toys and bones from her. we have two young boys of early teenage years whom he loves and gets on very well with.
he is a very good guard dog so any delivery people/visitors will instantly know of his presence, but has never bitten anyone he has met as he loves people.
he is very dominant if he gets his own way, so needs someone who understands pack hierachy and has experiance of dog handling.
he is very loving will be incredibly rewarding to the right person/family, and will be a fantastic lifelong companion.
he needs constant grooming and attention so you will need the time to give him the life he deserves.
he is not a status symbol so please no time wasters or people who have no experiance as he needs the proper responcible owner he deserves.
for more information on the breed please look at the northern inuit society website.
if you think you fit the profile of the correct owner/companion please ring me for a chat.
[Link removed]

I do not know if they are registered with any breed clubs. You never know, someone may see the adds and be in a position to help.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Is'nt it heart breaking! Free to good home, i dread who will get there hands on the poor pupster, its known to be aggressieve to! - There seems to be alot of these coming into rescue.. There to scared to return them to breeders or the breeders wont take them?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Lets keep our fingers crossed for them both xxxx
Ref the second advert, they may not even know who the breeder is, it sounds like they got him when he was a 'older'.
It makes me wish I went down the rehome route but ref my cats and some other factors puppies seem a better option for us.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Such a shame and becoming so much more popular, I also read of one that has bitten somebody and they want to rehome that too.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Such a shame and becoming so much more popular, I also read of one that has bitten somebody and they want to rehome that too.
Yeah, I came across that too, if it is the same dog I am thinking of, they said they were his second home, so how many more homes for the poor lad
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I may as well add these ones too:

[Link removed]

I do not know if they are registered with any breed clubs. You never know, someone may see the adds and be in a position to help.
poor dogs hope they find homes soon.

misleading again as always tho..was the one that said 'pedigree northern inuit' with 'pedigree papers' for sale or free?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
poor dogs hope they find homes soon.

misleading again as always tho..was the one that said 'pedigree northern inuit' with 'pedigree papers' for sale or free?
I hope they find forever homes soon too xxxx

Ref the pedigree paper work , I am guessing they mean breed club papers, ref pedigree, they may mean the generation thing, I was told my dog was a pedigree but not KC reg. But as usual I know where you are coming from xxxxx
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Thats was the one for free!!