Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2018, 09:02 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday 24th March 2018

Good morning
Soggy here today, hopefully going to get the rest of the paper off the wall today, and if i feel up to it paint the ceiling, i just hope when it's done it will be o.k, my aunty reckons i should just paint the walls but i prefer wallpaper up
Mum and dad have got to fort lauderdale and they called at 12.20 last night, they were on their way to key west but had got lost...hopefully they have found where they need to be now. There was a lot of trouble with the flights yesterday and missing bags and stuff..i am sure she will fill me in today
Hope you all have a lovely day
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2018, 11:46 AM
Good morning Griff and all who follow

Take care with the paper stripping but hopefully you will be painting the ceiling by tomorrow. Hope your parents have now found their destination and all bags are with them.

Dull here today so have taken the opportunity to tidy Teazle's coat. New coat will soon be through. Now cooking lunch. spaghetti bowls yum

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Oh dear, got a text just now, can you call when you have the laptop on, we got lost and need to find a room, apparently they are in a best western and it's rubbish, i looked at the area mum wanted and tried to sort a room but everything i came up with wasn't good enough...like it's my fault they can't find there destination, she just said i will go as i haven't a lot left on my phone and will try to get internet here...now if she hadn't been such an idiot she would have switched her phone to the smart phone she has had for the bast 18 months and she could have done it herself...or even took her tablet which she again has never used!!
right, back to stripping and filling!
ooooo Sue, i could just go some pasta right about now Lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Good afternoon all. Not too bad a morning here. Bit cloudy and not too warm, but dry so we're happy.

I don't 'do' wallpaper. All my walls are painted plaster so easy when it comes to redecorating. I have gone one further and all my skirting boards are white plastic so no painting required there. Unfortunately, all my internal doors are funny sizes and I have a lot of them or they would be changed too so that I could stain and varnish them and get them out of the way too.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Chris, do you not find it cold?? With just plaster
Well, last bit of paper is off!; I am done in.
Mum and dad are apparently sorted with somewhere to stay
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Not at all. No difference whatsoever. The only problem with feeling cold is that we have electric storage heaters rather than gas central heating (no gas in Chapel) which are nowhere near as warm.