Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2018, 08:58 AM

Daily Thread Monday 12h March

Good morning everyone

My thoughts are with you and everyone Lynn.

Hope you feel better today Harvey. Nuisance about the rats - hope you find where they are coming in from.

Pleased you had a lovely weekend Mandy.

Dull and damp here but have managed a walk without getting very wet. Dentist this afternoon. He is new to me but judging from Barry's encounter he seems to like removing teeth. My teeth are happy where they are thank you and if he suggests anything I will tell him in no uncertain terms they are mine and they are staying

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Ooooo no Sue, keep your toofy pegs!! I was told by my dentist that they are against removing teeth as I asked for a removal once and they said they try to save and not remove
Yacky yacky day today,the lawn is a bog and I nearly fell over when I went to pick the dogs business up
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning everyone

My thoughts are with you and everyone Lynn.

Hope you feel better today Harvey. Nuisance about the rats - hope you find where they are coming in from.

Pleased you had a lovely weekend Mandy.

Dull and damp here but have managed a walk without getting very wet. Dentist this afternoon. He is new to me but judging from Barry's encounter he seems to like removing teeth. My teeth are happy where they are thank you and if he suggests anything I will tell him in no uncertain terms they are mine and they are staying

Have a good day and stay safe.
I was brought up on a farm. We had a few rats but mostly mice in haystacks. The cats had a field day come threshing time.....one of the little blighters was running for its life and ran up my trouser leg - the inside of my trouser leg - and bit me on the bum. Literally. A little biter.....

It was wet here this morning but Max has a good raincoat.
New glasses today - that makes it spec-ial doesn't it...........

Enjoy your day all members and furry friends.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Afternoon Sue, griff and besoeker and al to follow.

Raining here today miserable grey day. Popped ut for breakfast and shopping. Got to Giraffe and they were closing it down lease not renewed so we had to go to Frankie and Benny's not as keen so we will have to find somewhere new.
Maybe back to Elme hall hotel.

Plans been re-submitted someone already objecting complaining it will cause flooding. Drains down that road were done last year they had collapsed probably due to the big lorries that go up and down to access the food processing plant.
Also it will not cause more traffic because those of us that use it will not be going down the road, also complaining it will make the junction an accident black spot first it's not near enough and it's more dangerous pulling on and off onto School road like we do now.
I get it he does not want his garden overlooked just say that why exaggerate problems that will not be caused ? Thing is round here at the moment you could have a lovely view but we are being targeted for more affordable housing and the councils are allowing building so you could live anywhere and have your view spoiled.
9 times out 10 even if you object and a lot of you object it is overlooked we have first hand experience of this from many years ago.
So fingers crossed for us and Gordon and Terri who have been fighting so hard to get the plans passed and Paul and Beth it goes through this time.
It will be 3 houses and a barn conversion not 26 houses like we have going up up one of the roads and the houses going up down the road. Now they will cause excess traffic to the village and a lot of it.

Right rant over. Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are too.