Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
We are lucky I suppose in that we have a local convenience store within a five minute stroll.Its got most things except not a lot of meats. It's bit more more expensive on average than the supermarkets. You wouldn't starve. And it saves clearing all that white stuff off the car if you only want a couple of things.
Deliveries have only just started getting through to the local shops and they are snapped up as soon as they come in
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-03-2018, 09:13 PM
'evening all

Well, had to take the car this morning (for a blood test at our local surgery) main road was fine. Would normally take the back roads but didn't want to meet some ginormous sugar beet tractor

Suffolk seems to be one county which has not had too much snow. When I read about over 2 foot in some places it really did sound like our previous home, there it was normal (and well prepared) in England it is not normal and so the roads people can't justify the expense of having million pound machinery sitting idle for 9 out of 10 years.

Loved the story of the Greggs lorry driver who gave all his cakes away while stuck on the motorway, if he didn't arrive by a certain time they would be binned anyway. Nice gesture and fabulous publicity

Casey & Lara had a little trip down to the river, normally Lara would be in the water but she declined today, sensible girl and saved me having to dry her off. Didn't see a soul.

Goodnight all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Pleased you made it out and back o.k Harvey. Steve is on 7 lates so won't be finished until midnight then has to drive home, they have altered most of the bus routes just to stick to main roads so hoping he will be o.k...i know the route he is on and it's a nasty one, I have told him he has to let me know he has got in o.k...hopefully he will call, if not it's a 1am phone call I am making lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2018, 01:48 AM
Evening all - glad everyone is coping with the weather even though it is not exactly enjoyable.
We have been on the TV (well when I say "we" I mean Saddleworth and the neighbouring M62) where unfortunate drivers have been trapped overnight and although the traffic has been cleared, now the Highways Agency have closed it due to the high winds and bad drifting. I am told by a neighbour from down the valley that they were heading our way with a camera crew but they never arrived (obviously they couldn't get onto the Moor 'cos we can't get off it! lol!) perhaps the current privations have turned the locals into cannibals and the intrepid providers of news and film have been quickly sauteed and scoffed with relish. Anything is possible in this neck of the woods!
Things will hopefully start to ease off over the weekend as they promise that the weather is due to start rolling up from the south west.
Stay well folks and keep warm, bye fer now.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2