Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2018, 11:45 AM

Daily Thread Sunday 25th February

Good morning everyone

Another nice day here but very cold. Have now cut down the whole tree and busy binning and bagging ready to take to the tip when the wether is right. Will finish the tidying up this afternoon once my feet have returned

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay warm.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2018, 12:31 PM
A lovely sunny day, but, by heck it's bitter cold again.

The sun is bringing out the tourists though. Town was very busy this morning. Unfortunately, a few forgot to bring their brains with 'em, but hey ho!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2018, 02:17 PM
Been good and went and lent a hand putting some trellis up at the community garden, was cold but I got the job done
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Evening everyone hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
It's very cold here but dry. Went over Shouldham with Dillon this morning good job we were wrapped up warm.

Not so good news about Gill she came late Monday and was back in hospital late Thursday night. Sepsis again. Bein rehydrated and ab's intravenously after they eventually got a cannula in again and in isolation as the c-diff will come back as she is on ab's.
Doctor was there yesterday when Peter arrived talking about resuscitation and he is a trained oncologist and trained under Gill's consultant .
After discussing with Peter and Neill her son she has opted for DNR on her notes. This doctor is now discussing the cancer the tumour is huge and progressing her intestine is damaged and she is at risk from heart attack or stroke.
They are getting round the table with oncology and palliative care as they now agree back in within 4 days is not good we are now looking at end of life. Although with proper care it could be months. Basically how long is a piece of string scenario.
Gill has accepted it but said she will continue to fight while she can. So a very upsetting day yesterday. She still has not seen or used the stair lift or wet room all to late for her. She is very weak.
Our brother Paul went to see her today he lives in Basildon and said she is looking better than expected but that's the fluids going in as soon as those are stopped it is back to square one her pumping put water and not being able to replace it quick enough.
I think Peter is going in also so waiting for update from him tomorrow the battle starts to try to get into a hospice although we are unsure if they will accept her because of the c-diff.
Michael and i hoping to visit soon but we are due some bad weather this week and neither of us will fancy driving in it especially as it's a 6 hour round trip without breaks.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-02-2018, 07:34 PM
'evening Lynn - Just read your post above. I hope you know my thoughts and prayers go with you and Gill and all the family. Looks like Suffolk, Norfolk, & Essex will have more snow than anywhere which is very unusual and just what you don't need if you have to make a trip down.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Lynn, nothing I can say xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2018, 08:29 PM
I'm so very sorry for Gill and all of you, Lynn. The big C is a terrible, terrible thing with absolutely no mercy. My brother in law has just had it confirmed that his cancer is back (oesophagas). He had the very major operation 2 and a half years ago and yet is now in the worst pain ever. They are going to try another bout of chemo, but it's not looking good so I have some idea of what you are all going through and it's awful
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-02-2018, 08:49 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
Chris sorry to read your news thoughts are with you all.

Peter visited this afternoon says she looks well compared to Thursday and even yesterday. That is because she has been rehydrated. She remembers nothing of Thursday.
She is able to get to and from the bathroom with the aid of a frame but is weak still and her eyes are glazed.
Peter starts his fight of getting her the right help tomorrow with the back up of Neill their son and myself also if needed.
Harvey Michael and I have discussed visiting and decided unless an absolute emergency we will not be risking the journey this week.

Here's some cheery photos of our walk today.
Shouldham sinks and one at home before leaving.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2769.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	5931   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2774.jpg
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	5932   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2770.jpg
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	5933   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2763.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	5934   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2758.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	5935  

Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2018, 09:32 PM
Lynn I wish you all the best and your sister peaceful days and nights.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-02-2018, 10:19 PM
Lynn, thanks for those photos, the first looks very much like part of Knettishall where we were this afternoon. Looks like Dillon enjoyed himself
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >