Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2018, 08:57 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 20th February 2018

Morning all. First of all someone must be able to get in touch with Moyra as she has been absent for so long. Please let us know if she is ok. It was good to see Gordon again last night posting. Mind you Gordon it is a little late for some of us to reply although I was awake reading at that time because I couldn't get to sleep. Besoeker seems to be absent to. Probably taking his lovely dog out for miles again wearing his legs out. bg!! Good to see Lynn again on here. Where is everyone else? Seems a shame that so many have dropped off from posting. Makes others including me wonder if we should keep it going or maybe start a different thread. Have a good day all. I will look in later to see how many have been on.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Morning Brenda and all who follow

Harvey I bought another Ruby Beauty. I have out the other one (as wellans this one) in the garden as I too got fed up with having to water it in the pot. Hopefully this year I will get more than 5 off the original one as I had left the canes that grew last year as apparently they fruit on the previous years growth.

Gordon, the reason I have bought bushes is that they only grow to 3 foot and are thornless so very easy to manage. If they spread it will save me being more

Pleased to see you pop in Lynn. Hopefully now Gill has everything in place she may be able to stay home longer. Hugs to you all

Hope everyone is keeping well

Another horrible day with drizzle. Have cleaned a few cupboards but nothing else planned

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Brenda, if you get worried about people, you can click on their username or search for their name and it will show when they were last active....sometimes people just don't feel like posting i guess or like me, get distracted and forget to hit post (i seem to do that a lot!)
Sue, at this moment in time, we have quite a bright day so i think i will make a run for it Lol, want to go pick up my blood test print out, then need to take some necklaces back to debenhams for my mum, need to get card for Steves posters and frames that i bought him for his "geek cave" Lol, also want to stop off and get a couple of bits from the local shop too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Afternoon everyone horrible wet drizzly weather here.

Hope everyone is well. brenda I have checked on Moyra's status it seems she was around today as it stated last activity today.
So hopefully she is well.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Griff I know that I can do that I just thought someone in the know would know if sse is ok. Not to worry I think I am going to give this thread a miss as not many people come on these days. Mind you I think I will give most other threads a miss to as no one ever comes back to let people know how they get on with problems. l hope all goes well with you and all others. I may pop in from time to time to see how things are but thats as far now as I will go.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Cold and windy this morning, but the rain held off until we got home. The wind has also picked up a pace so it looks like we were lucky with our timings today.

Not much going on. I'm wanting a couple of single mattresses for our beds, but I'm at a loss as to what to get. It seems no matter what price I pay, the damned springs pop up in 12-18 months. I'm thinking of memory foam, but I like a soft mattress and I'm not sure if these would fit the bill. I'm also a bit worried they may be too warm in the summer months. Any clues anyone?

All the traditional forums seem to have taken a massive hit since the gaining in popularity of social media and yet these are so much easier to follow and a lot friendlier (usually).
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2018, 03:07 PM
We have had memory foam Chris which were fine till Gorden started working away all week then the mattress went a bit funny and he ended up on my side of the bed all the time.
We now have a spring mattress again very comfortable. Came from mattressman.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2018, 04:34 PM
have you tried a mattress topper Chris? my dad has one and says it's great
blood results in, iffy again, i shall await my phone call from my consultant to check and see if i am o.k...i feel pretty much o.k....just exhausted
iam pee'd off, i ordered a world of warcraft neon sign for Steve's geek cave, it's his birthday on the first and it has just said processing since the 14th, i have filled in a contact form and nothing...fb messaged...nothing, i paid through paypal so will be o.k...hopefully, just wanted the sign as it is properly cool
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Don't mention mattress toppers . So far, I've tried memory foam toppers, feather and down toppers and quilted toppers all no good. The best I've come up with is a duvet over the mattress which works pretty well until it flattens down.

I think we need to do the 70 mile round trip to Grimsby and look in a few proper bed shops there. I was hoping to avoid it, but no such luck
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Lol...that's what I do, duvet in a cover over the top of the mattress lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >