Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2017, 06:51 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 9th September

Good morning one and all. I hope you are all in fine fettle this morning. Including our four legged friends too of course.

Well did we have a storm yesterday afternoon fortunately it was after Amber's afternoon walk. But boy did come down, with thunder and lightening too.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God Bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

It was good that you got Amber out before the storm hit you.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Lovely and sunny today after wall to wall rain yesterday. Nothing planned so will see what comes along

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 08:09 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
We had the rain here but no thunder or lightning. Gorden copped the lot while driving back.
Glad you kept dry Moyra.

Gorden under the upstairs bath today to try to resolve the small leak issue. I am going to have to paint repaint the back bedroom ours as i cannot get that damn paint to match. However hard I try to dark or to light.
So easier and quicker to repaint a similar colour I have decided. Shouldn't take long not as long as i have been trying to find a match anyway.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Hammering it down this morning, thanking God that the new house was built at the right time before all this rain because everwhere bone dry and took minutes to clean and clear up. Girls very happy with themselves and went straight in, curled up and asleep. Zen did want to hang about in the rain, not a chance young lady, and put her in and closed the full door, there is a mesh top so plenty of air coming in, Kesh in the sleeping part with the bottom door open leading to the yard and she is already asleep with her head out. Zen will stay put as she won't risk Keshi's wrath by going past her This new set up will save me a fortune in shavings over the winter and as I have got a place to put a bale of shavings it will be so much easier.
No swimming in the river today, in fact standing out in it will have the same effect
Its a devil when you can't match paint up, !ynn. Like you say probably quicker to start again.
We've got storms forecast here today and tomorrow, I am in hibernation mode. Poor Gorden getting caught in that, bet he was relieved to get home in one piece
Think it is a cleaning day today. Can't paint the back bedroom as skirting boards not sanded down, am looking at the mouse sanders as son makes many promises but no action, meaning he doesn't want to do it. The mouse sanders have excellent reviews and not very expensive on eBay, so that is my next purchase
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Morning all, we didn't get a storm but had rain, it's nice and sunny today though
Lynn for the leak, look at a product called plumbers mate...we fitted our new sink and it leaked no matter what we did...bought some plumbers mate and it's all good now
Not doing anything at all today except slobbing on the sofa Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Thanks griff I think you have mentioned that before when we had a small leak in the downstairs bathroom. So possibly have some.
If we haven't I will mention it. We are wondering if we might need some new fixings.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 10:09 AM
What a turn round, blue sky and sunshine now. Give it a bit longer then girls can get out for a walk, it may be having me on and tempting me out only to hit me with rain again
Have a lovely day doing nothing Griff, its nice to sit and slob out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Fingers crossed the sun keeps shining June.
Bath panel off and Gorden is in. Looks like a small leak from one of the joints so wiping it round and tightening then we will take a break and run some water through and see what it does.
Either way we have to pop out for something for front of bath as the other piece of wood didn't come off in one piece and we need a new length of skirting board for the bedroom and I would like to get the paint and ake a start on that.
Dillon is being an absolute nightmare for excitement barking jumping around he is over the top today about Gorden being home.
Hope this isn't going to become the norm now Gorden is going to be home more.
Gorden will be going back full time and Dillon will not make his 6th birthday beginning of November.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Lynn. Its probably because you are busy doing things that don't involve paying him attention He'll get used to the new routine I'm sure.
Sun gone in now and grey sky, wish it would make its mind up either rain or sun
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 10:52 AM
More than likely June. I have been busy upstairs mostly all week so he is probably feeling left out.
Can't let him up there he will be under the bath.
griff we have some plumbers mate from when you mentioned it last.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >