View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2015, 10:42 PM
It's so colourful Myra. That's a novel and simple idea the jam jar. Love it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2015, 03:18 AM
Thank you a ton. The jar was just sitting around and I thought... Why not give it to the fishies?
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Hi I'm Patzy
It was a joy reading your posts and seeing the tank, I love fish and you have done a wonderful job in making Slate and Rhonda happy, long may the live in that wonderful environment
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Thank you for the wonderfully kind words Patzy. I accidentally got them without proper research and ended up having to make a lot of expensive changes but its all been worth it as they seem quite happy. As Popster said, keeping fish healthy is MUCH HARDER than it looks!
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Thank you for the wonderfully kind words Patzy. I accidentally got them without proper research and ended up having to make a lot of expensive changes but its all been worth it as they seem quite happy. As Popster said, keeping fish healthy is MUCH HARDER than it looks!

I know - always worried me that I would get things wrong so never ventured to get one. Instead I watch all wildlife programmes and especially like the sea life ones
I admire you for going for it and pleased it was a good outcome for you
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2015, 05:33 AM
Originally Posted by Patzy View Post
[/B]
I know - always worried me that I would get things wrong so never ventured to get one. Instead I watch all wildlife programmes and especially like the sea life ones
I admire you for going for it and pleased it was a good outcome for you
The fish are actually very friendly and you can hand feed them and even gently pet them. Mine recognize me and I believe my big one, Slate, even knows his name lol. There is a lot of misinformation so it is highly possible to mess it up, which is why it takes a TON of research. Its very enjoyable once you have fat happy fish though. I'm in love with fantails, these guys are my buddies, but of course there are many other types of fish as well.

Mine are just babies and pet store quality not breeder quality, but they are growing and they can get up to 6-8" long and live up to 30 years and actually need a lot more space than people think. I'm a beginner and I've been lucky in that my two guys seem sturdy and healthy. I joined a wonderful forum and they have been helping me along. Always good to ask people more knowledgeable than you! Many of them have been fishkeepers longer than I've been alive.

I made this video today to ask my gold fish forum members if my tanks air rod was doing enough. All is well in fish land. I DO think two itsy bitsy fish look silly in a tank that size but technically that's all you can put in there for optimal growth and health. So many things I didn't know. When I was young my parents kept fish and I loved them but they always died within a month or so and now I know why! This is my newest hobby, so trying to do it right. If you decide you want a tank Patzy, I think you'd do great!
Patzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Ah that was so lovely to see Myra - Rhonda coming out of the bottle and Slate coming down to greet her, great timing
Fish are a great calming influence aren't they, feel its too late for me now, can just about look after meself
But I never miss the chance to view them, they have a magical quality for me
Pleased to hear you have an advice forum - good idea
Keep up the good work x
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2015, 12:36 AM
Beautiful, stunning photo's of beautiful fish! (Sadly all ours have long gone, but I still have memories of attempting to photograph them all as they grew up over the years).
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2015, 05:26 AM
Thank you. They are very hard to photograph indeed!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3