Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-07-2013, 05:25 AM

A Place in the Sun - Home & Away!

Do you have some free time and need a doggie fix? Perhaps you’d love to spend some time with a dog, but can’t commit to owning one yourself?

We have volunteers who take dogs out for the day to give them a break from kennels - a long walk in the countryside, a day at the seaside, a pub lunch, a drive out and a grooming/cuddle session makes the world of difference to break up the monotony of kennel life.

Some take a dog home over a weekend to enable them to recover from their spay/neuter op with the comfort of a home environment rather than a kennels.

Some holiday in the UK with lots of walks so take one of our tried and tested dogs with them for a fortnights holiday - they like to have a good reason to do loads of lovely walks with the companionship of a dog.

Some are taking time off from work during the summer and welcome the companionship of a dog in their home to share their break.

Others kindly take a dog until they find their forever homes and give us loads of insights into that dog so that we can find them the perfect home.

Every little ounce of support however short or long is of benefit. We currently have 58 dogs in kennels so WE NEED FOSTERERS & WALKERS and our kennel dogs NEED YOU!

If any of the above sounds like it could be for you then why not take those steps towards making a doggie date or booking that doggie centred vacation NOW in time for summer!

If you think you could offer one of our dogs some time, however short, then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/for...questionnaire/ and we will match a dog to suit your lifestyle and circumstances. There are more details about fostering on this link.

Alternatively, if you can get to either Gatwick, West Sussex &/or Godstone, Surrey and have any spare time to give our dogs a walk over the summer months (or longer) then please get in touch by filling out our dog walking volunteer form on this link.
Thank you!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-07-2013, 12:16 PM
This is a great idea Sharon, I was thinking about doing that here as I got talking to someone who said that one of the rescues near here were finding it difficult to get people to walk their larger breeds.

Good luck!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2013, 12:20 PM
You've just given me a great idea, I never thought about it, but I will get in touch with my local rescue and see if there are any little doglets who might fancy a run on the beach or a walk in the woods early in the mornings when it's nice and cool. I do hope a lot of people see this and can break the monotony for some of these poor unfortunate doglets who are stuck in kennels, especially at this time of year
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-07-2013, 01:44 PM
We really welcome that for our dogs, they seem to love it - goes some way to breaking the monotony of kennel life. Can't think other rescues wouldn't welcome the same. Guess you'll need to walk the dogs locally before you start taking them further afield.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Sadly, I have nothing but cat rescues locally and a brown bread horse rescue, and I've already done my bit for the horse world and don't fancy a cat. I'm gonna have to look further afield, nothing in a 5 mile radius here. I wish you luck in getting some much needed volunteers.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-08-2013, 08:46 AM
We are still in desparate need of foster homes! We have a waiting list of dogs who are at risk and no kennels space!

IF you would consider fostering we would put a known dog matched to your circumstances with you and that would allow us to bring a new dog in and save a life.

Please complete our foster questionnaire if you are able to help a dog on this link: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/for...questionnaire/