View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ian lister
New Member!
Male 

26-06-2013, 05:51 PM
You have a point - but I don't know of a cull ever being used because of tourism. It's far more likely that they would carry on ignoring the problem or just deal with isolated cases. [ We provided a solution in our 'Petition to Town Councils'.] These days, a cull would provoke an embarrassing outcry among the resident younger generation of any area of Spain or Portugal.
ian lister
New Member!
Male 

26-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Unfortunately I won't be in Spain or Portugal any time soon. What worries me is if their media is inundated with lots of letters and photos of cruelty to and stray dogs etc, to save face are they not more likely to have a huge sweep and cull to simply remove the animals out of tourists eyes. If I was out there I would be spending my entire holiday feeding them. My neighbours go out frequently to Spain owning a flat there. I will certainly ask them to take photographs and do as you suggest - they are huge animal lovers.

Good luck.
Reply to Jenny.g
You have a point - but I don't know of a cull ever being used because of tourism. It's far more likely that they would carry on ignoring the problem or just deal with isolated cases. [ We provided a solution in our 'Petition to Town Councils'.] These days, a cull would provoke an embarrassing outcry among the resident younger generation of any area of Spain or Portugal.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 06:39 PM
They are staying in Albertera. The photo does show them looking well... But I'm not sure what they are like in person. As you say there are degrees of neglect.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2