Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2013, 12:33 PM

Loving Home Needed for SBT's

Due to unforeseen circumstances I am forced to find loving homes for my best friends. I am absolutely mortified but due to lack of time, a new job and a relocation as well as the local children being horrible to them over the fence. I feel that it would be the best thing for them if they have a home that can give them the love and attention I wish I were still able to give them.

Missy aka Pickle: D.O.B 07/12/2009

Missy is a stunning white female Staffordshire Bull Terrier with a black patch over her eye, she is almost like a little piglet, has been spayed, Jabbed and Micro-chipped. Missy has no health issues other than the anxiety of new dogs.

I feel I am abandoning Missy but I really am letting her down by keeping her, given my situation. Missy can be a very dominant player and can play rough at times, she settles quickly when reminded this is wrong and not acceptable play. Missy has trust issues due to being beaten and bruised by both people/dogs whilst out walking, this has left it’s mark and has made her an anxious dog when around unknown dogs, however I do feel that with persistence and training Missy will over come this anxiety.

At the moment Missy spends the day in the garden with Jaxx whilst I am out at work and spends the evenings in the house, but if she had her way she would spend the all day in bed.

The type of home that would suit Missy would be an adult only household, where she is an only animal. She would benefit from someone who works from home or is at home a lot. She would need someone who can devote time to her.

Missy loves tennis balls, being warm, cosy and watching wildlife programmes as well as her own space. Missy also loves going camping and long country walks.

Jaxx aka Buddy D.O.B 21/08/2011

Jaxx is a Blue/Brindle male Staffordshire Bull Terrier, has been neutered, Jabbed and Micro-chipped. He is my shadow, wherever I go he follows. He craves human companionship and is very loving and giddy when given the opportunity. The thought of giving him up breaks my heart but I am neglecting him with working so much, so to do the best thing for him would be to find him a loving home where he can be someone else’s shadow and best friend.
Jaxx is very loyal and has excellent recall. He is very much a peoples dog, all he wants to do is please and give sloppy kisses to everyone, he can be very fussy and has no sense of his size, where is tail is and definitely no spatial awareness. One thing I would mention would be that due to Missy being very anxious around other dogs, a little of this un-trust has rubbed off on to him. Saying this he is very respondent to ‘NO’ and ‘Leave’ so with constant encounters with dogs and training he will be accepting of strange dogs. On the other hand Jaxx is welcoming of other dogs when he is in the home.

They type of home that would suit Jaxx would be a home that has older children and an action packed lifestyle. Where he is the only dog. Also no cats, he hasn’t grown up around cats but I can imagine the dog/cat love affair doesn’t run smooth. Jaxx would benefit from someone who is willing to take him on long walks and see the sights, he would also benefit being around someone who is confident and loving.

Jaxx loves people, big hugs/snuggles, rawhides, going camping and tug-ropes.

Both Missy and Jaxx are house trained and will go to the door when asked if they need the ‘toilet’. They are very keen on being taught new tricks and pick up commands quickly. They both know the commands of ‘sit’, ‘wait’, ‘lay down’, ‘leave’, ‘come’ and ‘no’. They are very obedient and love human companionship. They are also trained using hand signals which follow the basic commands (sit, stay, come)

I have tried to be very honest about the personalities of both Missy and Jaxx. They are not dangerous dogs otherwise i would not feel like they could be re-homed. If you are interested in either of them, I am more than happy to answer questions and I will send pictures on request. I am not interested in making a profit from this but will be asking for a re-homing fee so that I have piece of mind they are going to a loving home.

Or if you have any suggestions I am all ears.

Thank You.
Laura
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi,

Have you considered family or friends taking them both together, at least for a short time? Or maybe contact the breed rescue, who would be able to find the right home for them both and do homechecks etc.

The problem with putting dogs on the internet is that you have no idea where they will end up, particularly with dog fighting as it is for bull breeds particularly.

Good luck - I hope you can work out a way to keep them both but if not, I'm sure you will find them the best homes.

Laura xx
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I have asked all friends and family, but none are willing to take on the responsibility especially with Jaxx being so energetic. And most already having dogs of their own.
I am considering the SBT Rescue but thought I would see where I got with advertising first. I can't kid myself into thinking I can keep them as I will be spending a lot of time travelling and abroard due to business which isn't fair on Missy or Jaxx to be passed from pillar to post waiting for my return.

My main concern is Dog Fighting and this is where I do not want these two to end up which is why I am very doubious as to who would be interested. It breaks my heart to even think any dog would be used in this way let alone these two.

Thank you for your suggestions and fingers crossed. I will be getting intouch with the rescue. X
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Missy

Jaxx

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Breaks my heart to read this but I cannot help mention my sister and her lovely Staffy. When they rescued him he didn't have to be left home alone much - hubby working different shifts and 2 adult daughters at home both also working shifts (police and midwife).

Circumstances changed when her hubby had a near fatal accident. Now hubby works regular hours same as my sis and both girls have left home. Munchy their staffy is perfectly happy at home when they are out at work. But he is not left outside - he stays in the house and mostly sleeps (mostly does that when they are home too!)

They take him out early before work, and again in the evening and make the most of the weekends with him.

Couldn't you consider doing something similar if you are so concerned that these two lovely dogs don't end up in the wrong hands? There's no way you can be certain they won't if you sell them to strangers.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:15 PM
They are gorgeous, wish I had room for 1 more but my 2 keep me busy, Jaxx is 3 months older than my boy Samson, wouldn't they be ok left in the house, then they wouldn't be tormented by the kids either
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Breaks my heart to read this but I cannot help mention my sister and her lovely Staffy. When they rescued him he didn't have to be left home alone much - hubby working different shifts and 2 adult daughters at home both also working shifts (police and midwife).

Circumstances changed when her hubby had a near fatal accident. Now hubby works regular hours same as my sis and both girls have left home. Munchy their staffy is perfectly happy at home when they are out at work. But he is not left outside - he stays in the house and mostly sleeps (mostly does that when they are home too!)

They take him out early before work, and again in the evening and make the most of the weekends with him.

Couldn't you consider doing something similar if you are so concerned that these two lovely dogs don't end up in the wrong hands? There's no way you can be certain they won't if you sell them to strangers.

I wish I could leave them inside when I'm at work, but because Jaxx is young he sees the inside if the house as a demolition ground and tried to add to it. Fair play he is fine when left for a short amount of time but any longer than that he starts to worry where I am. Plus my neighborough is scared of them and refuses to check on them for me when I'm at work. So my hands are tied.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Can you not get a dog walker in? Either to walk them or to play energetically in the garden with them for an hour midday.
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
They are gorgeous, wish I had room for 1 more but my 2 keep me busy, Jaxx is 3 months older than my boy Samson, wouldn't they be ok left in the house, then they wouldn't be tormented by the kids either
Jaxx is amazing but Missy is also. They have so much lovd to give and are fantastic when settled in. With my new Jo. I will be spending days/ weeks away from home and because they are such loving guys leving them/ passing them around will more than certainly be horrible experiences.
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Can you not get a dog walker in? Either to walk them or to play energetically in the garden with them for an hour midday.
I've tried and the ones in my local area are scared if them because of their boisterous personalities. Plus the local dog walkers are unreliable.

I have explored every avenue so far hence posting on here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >