09-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Heartbreaking!!!
Signed.
Maureen
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Signed and shared. But won't hold my breath waiting for things to change in Thailand.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Cried and signed. Truly evil trade.
atom116
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Thanks you so much, everybody! I also found another new topic, need 10,000 signatures (Can you guys sign it? Now it has 4,754 signatures/ 10,000 signatures). I know 250,000 signatures is a big number, the old topic was created from August 15, 2011 but now it just has 56,689 signatures ( (although every day I always access the website to sign, share on fb and other pet forums ). I don't know how long does it takes to stop this thing.

Stop butchering man’s best friend.
Since the practice exists in secret, most people are surprised and horrified to find out that between 360,000 and 500,000 dogs are stolen or caught in Thailand each year for the specific purpose of being slaughtered. These dogs are sometimes illegally slaughtered and eaten in Thailand and sometimes transported to Vietnam under monstrous conditions. They are clubbed, jammed into tiny cages without food or water and often end up with broken skulls and bones, open wounds, and in horrific pain. Some of them end up suffocating from the weight of the dogs toppling over them.
Once the dogs have been dragged to their final destination, a new level of cruelty and inhumanity is then rendered. Dogs are subjected to hours of torture before being skinned alive in the ignorant belief that the pain inflicted makes the meat more tender. Many of these dogs are stolen family pets, this could happen to yours.

While most Thais and visitors to Thailand strongly disapprove of the consumption of dog meat, a lack of enforcement has allowed the industry to continue. We are appalled and outraged at this level of cruelty and lack of intervention by the authorities.

Care for Dogs has increasingly been advocating for changes in laws and policies in Thailand that will benefit dogs and animals in Thailand. Specifically, we are advocating stricter enforcement by Thai officials against illegal trafficking of dogs, more patrol of borders to catch trucks hoarding caught dogs, and longer sentences for those caught. Once we have reached our target of raising 10,000 signatures, we will bring all of your signatures to Thailand's Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra, as well as any other polititian who might have some influence in this matter.

Please think about this, talk about it, spread awareness and join with us to DO SOMETHING in protest of these violent and cold-blooded practices. Make your voice and outrage heard! Dog killers and smugglers should be harshly apprehended and prosecuted. Please help by signing this petition.

Thank for your kindness, compassion, and support in stopping the cruel dog meat trade in Thailand and Vietnam,
Care for Dogs Foundation Staff and Friends
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/carefordogs

Opened on February 29, 2012
Windhound
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2013, 03:47 PM
have already signed on Causes and I already donate monthly to SOI they do wonderful work
atom116
New Member!
Female 

12-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Thank you so much, Windhound!
atom116
New Member!
Female 

12-05-2013, 03:20 AM
New petition .

https://www.change.org/petitions/chi...hare_petition#

I love dogs. I hate any animal abuse. I just saw a picture of a dog being boiled alive. The fear and pain in his eyes was the worst thing I have ever seen. It made me cry and feel sick. I do not think dogs should be eaten, and they must not suffer such a slow painful death! I have been unable to get the picture of this poor dog out of my mind. I was told by the person who sent this picture they also saw a video. I have since googled Chinese and Koreans eating dogs and lots of pictures came up I did not look at. We must not buy things for our dogs from any country that does these things to its own dogs, maybe that will make them change their practices. Also when they care so little for dogs do they make a safe product? I see many postings on recalls or products that should have recalls because dogs got ill or died from products made in China.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2